We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama City budget accomadation

bristol uk
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Topic
Panama City budget accomadation

Im gonna be staying in Panama City for 3 nights from Feb 5th,what is the best area to stay for budget accomadation.As i wont arrive till 1800 hrs,that will leave me with 2 full days,is that enuff,also wheres the best place to go from PC on a day trip to see the locks.

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Pittsburg, CA
Level Contributor
169 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama City budget accomadation

Miraflores Locks is the closest and most accessible place to see the Panama Canal operations. You could do it in much less time than a day - short taxi ride from Panama City.

Mentioned in this post
Panama Canal
Panama Canal
16,311 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama City budget accomadation

I suggest the Hotel Milan if you want to stay in the thick of things in Panama City.

Here are the reviews on here: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294480-d631223…

e-mail - but they probably won't answer: hotelmilan@cwpanama.net

Their phone is +507 263-6130

Best to call to make a reservation unless you can book online at the above website.

If you like a quieter area, I suggest La Estancia B & B. Love it there and always stay

there. You can read my review for the place also.

B & B LaEstancia on Ancon Hill-the highest spot in Panama City. They will arrange transportation very easily for you also. It is a no frills place, great breakfast, wonderful open common areas on several levels AND wonderful wildlife - you can see monkeys in the trees while eating breakfast on the patio, and resident sloth and exotic birds in the trees nearby.

Also wonderful views of the entire city from their open balcony/common area and the Bridge of Americas over the Canal which is spectacular; especially at night when it is lit up in all its glory.

There is a reason B & B LaEstancia stays near the number ONE spot or IS THE #1 Place for accommodations in all Panama City! I have stayed there many times, and you can also read my review on the place!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294480-d317633…

B&B La Estancia - Website:

www.bedandbreakfastpanama.com

Casa 34, Quarry Heights, Cerro Ancon

Tel. +507- 314-1417 Fax. +507 -314-1604

I also recommend their tour company: http://www.panoramicpanama.com/

They have nice vehicles, speak English and are on time!

Hopefully someone will post regarding hostels on here, but you can search

under Panama City Hotels and then at the top hit "B & B's". I think the hostels are listed within the B & B's on here Be sure to read the reviews prior to booking...............AND believe them! Enjoy !

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Milan
Hotel Milan
344 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Ancon Hill
Ancon Hill
961 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
3. Re: Panama City budget accomadation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2013, 21:25