We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Travel

1 post
Bus Travel

I will be arriving in Panama City, Panama on Nov., 8th, 2018 and I need to get to David Panama => I want to take a bus ride, I need to know the cost for an express and how to make a reservation.

8 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
6,057 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Bus Travel

I don't know the cost, but it will be less than $30. You can't make a reservation. You'll have to buy the ticket in person at the Albrook bus terminal. You can't buy a ticket more than 24 hours in advance.

Imperial, Missouri
Level Contributor
200 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Bus Travel

One ticket should cost between 19 and 20 dollars, one way.

You might want to search this forum for more information about this bus. There should be several recent threads on the bus from Albrook to David. Have fun!

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
990 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Bus Travel

That bus really, really sucks. You have screaming evangelists, crap AC if any, lousy seats, and only one "rest" stop (Santiago) where the food looks like death. It's only slightly scenic. Strongly recommend flying.

Imperial, Missouri
Level Contributor
200 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: Bus Travel

While I would not consider this a luxurious means of travel, it has a couple of advantages over flying. One, it is significantly cheaper, which appeals to the budget conscious, such as backpackers. Two, if you get the overnight bus, it gives you the opportunity to travel cross country while you sleep, and maybe squeeze in an extra day of vacation. Of course, you have to put up with the discomforts of sleeping on a bus.

I've taken the overnight bus twice, and I had the exact opposite AC experience from Jackson-it was ice cold. If you dig into this topic further, I think that would be the consensus, it is typically very cold. The Panameños who frequently take this bus are used to it, and carry blankets or a jacket, and are wearing long pants. Prepare accordingly. If you go overnight, scenery isn't much of an issue, because it's dark, and you'll spend most of your time sleeping.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Bus Travel

For the Argentine... Huh? First off the AC is too powerful, you have to dress warm when traveling to David. Also there are no screaming anybody. The buses are modern either single level or double level. The cost is 19 dollars and it takes about 7 hours. I night it is quicker but freezing. The buses go up to midnight than another one at 3 AM and the they start every hour or more throughout the day.

I V
Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Bus Travel

Hi,I found a shuttle service by Hello Travel Panama, on the internet. They have a pretty decent website, travel times are much more frequent, and smaller groups are transported at a time. No risk chickens next to you, poor vehicle conditions or bad driving. Use a waterproof suitcase though, since luggage is strapped to the roof. I plan on using them when I visit Panama in November.

Imperial, Missouri
Level Contributor
200 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: Bus Travel

Regarding the post from I V Capetown: are you speaking from experience about the express buses from Albrook to David? Chickens, poor vehicle conditions, bad driving? That's not my recollection.

Boston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Bus Travel

get off the plane and go to albrook $35 by cab just say that's all you will pay and hop on a nice bus to david there are people there to help with bags they might have a movie on the bus or radio it is a long trip it is like a bus shuttle as long as there is people they go non stop 20 hours a day no hot dogs running around too

Reply to: Bus Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panama City