We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay before, during, after SanBlas

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Where to stay before, during, after SanBlas

Coming back at the end of the month for 10 days. Arrive Tocumen~2:30pm, thinking of staying in the city (Cangrejo?) 1st night, then an overnight tour to San Blas, one more night back in the city, then off to Las Perlas. Any suggestions for a place to stay? We usually stay in Casco (Tantalo, Villa Palma) and will when we return from Pearls. But if there is something more reasonable I would probably just reserve for all 3 first nights and just take a loss for that night in SB.

I'll ask over in SB forums too, but any suggestions on a tour operator and island in SB? Don't mind primitive, but don't want dorm style. Love snorkeling and want a cast away/local feel, not tourist. Was hoping for 2 nights, but it will have to be cut down to 1.

Thanks-

4 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,646 posts
659 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay before, during, after SanBlas

Are you staying in Panama City at all?

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay before, during, after SanBlas

Check out Toscana Inn, Hotel Milan, Hampton Inn on Calle Eusebio A. Morales and Best Western Plus Zen. All are good hotels, in good convenient locations and they are a lot less costly than what you will pay in Casco Viejo.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
38 posts
3. Re: Where to stay before, during, after SanBlas

Thank you, will check them out and pick one.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
38 posts
4. Re: Where to stay before, during, after SanBlas

Reserved 3 nights at Tryp by Wyndham for $73/night for a Premium King with Breakfast. Not bad IMO, although I know I can find something lower. They did offer standard rooms for around $53. Will try to report back when I return.

Thanks again for the opinions.

Reply to: Where to stay before, during, after SanBlas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted