We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM card

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
261 posts
142 reviews
SIM card

We'll be in Panama city and in Chiriqui province in September. I am trying to figure out where we can get a SIM card and enough data for about 10 days. We'll need to use Waze for mapping which I know is a bit data intensive. My phone is unlocked but I understand the plans at the airport are pricey.

Can anyone advise the best cell carrier for Volcan and Boquete and what type of plans I can purchase and where? We will be staying near Hospital Santo Tomas.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: SIM card

Hi Sharon, You can buy a pre-paid sim Card. there are different data options depending on how many days you need it. Mas Movil is a good option.

cwpanama.com/masmovil/… you can get 1GB for $9. There is a Mas Movil in Via España, not too far from were you are staying, you can take a taxi wont charge you more than $2.50 to take you there.

Tell him you want to go to Cable and Wireless in Plaza Concordia, he will know.

Edited: 16 August 2017, 06:56
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
261 posts
142 reviews
2. Re: SIM card

Thanks

2 posts
3. Re: SIM card

Hi,

We will be staying near Calle 50D Este. Could anyone one tell me where I could cheap buy pre-paid SIM card near our place of stay? We would like to buy first thing in the morning and would like to not waste too much tine on finding sim card :)

We will be staying in PC 9days (few on Bocas, few on San Blas) so I think that 1GB should be enough.

I,ll be using offline google maps but for uber or finding something etc.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
716 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: SIM card

you can buy a sim and calling card just about anywhere. you can also buy them at the airport but they are more expensive than in town.

5. Re: SIM card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2018, 16:19