We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is the Royal Decameron

Ontario
Level Contributor
582 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How far is the Royal Decameron

if I want a day trip to the Panama canal? I keep hearing good reports on this resort - thanks

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is the Royal Decameron

YOu will leave very early in the AM and return evening. It is 2-1/2 hours each way to the canal. Decameron is in the middle of nowhere, and is mainly just a beach destination.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is the Royal Decameron

You can rent a taxi and driver to go to the Panama Canal. Arrange ahead of time the price. We did this twice and we could of had the driver all day. We left in the morning and returned late afternoon. Besides seeing the canal, we were taken to a few other places. Worthwhile in our opinion. The last time we did that we even hit Albrook Mall.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
240 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is the Royal Decameron

Hi bltontario

We stayed there this past Feb. for 2 weeks and are going back this coming Feb. 6/2012 for 11 days and 3 days at the Radisson Decapolis in Panama City. We loved this resort and stayed in the Beachfront buildings on the 3rd floor with a great view of the pool in front us and the ocean. We were close to the 2 main buffets, most a-la-cartes, most pools, bars and ocean.

We also took a day trip into Panama City but hired a taxi driver through Lobby 1 front desk - his name with Julio I believe and he drove an air-conditioned Mercedes Benz. He drove us to where we wanted and he also brought us to places that he knew and most tourists did not go. It was about a 1-1/2 hour drive to Panama City and it cost us approx. $125US for the 3 of us plus tip. He was a great driver and spoke English very, very well. Hope this info helps and good luck with booking your trip. If you need any more info. I will try to help anyway I can.

Happy Traveling

Ron

Ontario
Level Contributor
582 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is the Royal Decameron

Hello Hamilton!! your reply was very helpful!! I realized that this resort was not close to the Canal and Panama City but keep hearing good things about it. In our travel experience we have enjoyed places like grand Palladium in the Mayan - large but first class , Paradisus Rio do Oro Holguin Cuba etc, Punta Cana, and one cruise - so that being said our accomadations were lovely - we do not engage in the royal service as I feel we dont need to get into that . I guess you were happy with your room and your recommendations for the beach front bungalows . Thanks also for your thoughts on renting a taxi driver and you can tap into places otherwise not available on a tour -

cheers Linda

5. Re: How far is the Royal Decameron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2013, 21:18