We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes for hiking

Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Clothes for hiking

What kind of clothes do I need for a trip to Nicaragua in November/December including some hiking during daytime? I try to travel light, and I dont want to bring anything unnecessary.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Clothes for hiking

Search this forum for other discussions.

I hiked Corcovado Park in CR using:

1. Low top trail/running shoes for hiking. (brought quality closed toe Keen sandals for other times)

2. Academy synthetic short pants (I wore these most of the time, even in the cities)

3. Synthetic shirts (same as above)

4. Bring one pair long pants and maybe a long sleeve shirt.

5. Bring or buy a rain pancho

If hiking volcanos then maybe mid top hiking boots.

No need to spend a lot of money on any item. Don't bring anything you can't part with.

IMO, just use your hiking and outdoors knowledge you already have and you should be good there.

Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Clothes for hiking

probably wont be raining in late november / december on the pacific side. If you are hiking on the caribbean side youll want rain stuff most likely.

Hiking clothes are all pretty much the same no matter where you hike in the world.

There are no high peaks in Nicaragua, so there is no alpine hiking. You wont need warm clothing. The only exception may be if you are hiking and then camping high in the mountains, as at night it can get relatively "chilly". But no need for jackets, or winter wear.

Youll probably want long pants for bugs, or to keep your legs from getting scratched up by bushes and trees, etc. the same might be said for long sleeve shirts, though personally i dont like hiking in long sleeves.

If you are doing the normal tourist day hikes, you dont need equipment. If you are going way off the beaten path into the jungle on your own youll want things like a compass, flashlight, etc.

3. Re: Clothes for hiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2017, 15:16