We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copan -> Leon / Managua -> Liberia

Saint-Etienne...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Copan -> Leon / Managua -> Liberia

Hello,

Can you please tell me if its possible and how to do in one day:

Copan -> Leon

Managua -> Monteverde (or Liberia)

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
337 reviews
1. Re: Copan -> Leon / Managua -> Liberia

You have too much on there. I would split it up. I took the bus from Antigua to Guate city then the bus to Copan. It was very long. I would take the Managua connection out of that equation. Check the bus schedules but think Leon could be dicey right now. By the way when in Copan, also go to Macaw park. I got into Copan mid day then went to the park and went to ruins the next day

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
842 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Copan -> Leon / Managua -> Liberia

Actual time on the bus would be about 12 hours. (Four hours from Copan to San Pedro Sula, three hours to Tegucigalpa, five hours from Tegucigalpa to Leon (or Managua). But connections could be a problem.

You have options to do the Honduras travel - Hedman Alas is the high end bus line, but there are cheaper alternatives.

Tica Bus is the most popular choice for the Honduras-Nicaragua leg. They both have websites with the current schedules to help with planning.

Crowsnest Pass...
Level Contributor
625 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Copan -> Leon / Managua -> Liberia

If you are planning to do this in the next while, keep an eye on the news and travel forums. Nicaragua is experiencing major political unrest at present with many roadblocks that are affecting travel.

San Pedro Sula...
12 posts
4. Re: Copan -> Leon / Managua -> Liberia

I would recommend going from Copan to the D&D Brewery near the lake in Honduras. From there you can take a shuttle all the way to San Juan del Sur which is close to the border with Costa Rica since the political situation in Leon is tense at the moment.

This is the link for the shuttle tornabe.com/shuttle-from-d-and-d-brewery-to-…

Reply to: Copan -> Leon / Managua -> Liberia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted