We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clubs in Nicaragua? Dress code??

2 posts
Clubs in Nicaragua? Dress code??

Hey there! So I am traveling to Nicaragua very soon with a volunteer group called GIVE. I was looking through the sample itinerary they gave us and noticed that we were going to a local Discotheque one of the nights. I've never been to a club before (I'm 20) and don't know what is appropriate. Is this something that calls for a fancy dress? Are jeans and a nice shirt ok? Should I bring heels? Maybe I'm overthinking this but I just want to be prepared. Thanks!

Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Clubs in Nicaragua? Dress code??

depends on what club you are going to and where.

Im assuming that because its for a tourist organization you wont be going to any of the prostitute type clubs, or the back alley shady clubs either.

More than likely it will be an upscale tourist club, so it will probably be a place to dress nicely. There isnt much here as far as formal clubs, like VIP champagne service type clubs where you have to wear designer clothes to get in. But the tourist type clubs are just like normal dance clubs in the states, you dont want to look grubby. Being that you are female they will let you in wearing pretty much anything.

Ifs its a small town local dance club you would be fine with jeans and a nice top. If its a tourist dance club in the city you could go either way, a dress or pants and a nice top. Either way, dont bring anything TOO fancy or flashy.

2. Re: Clubs in Nicaragua? Dress code??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2018, 15:17