We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Tahiti inter island online check-in

Ft Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Air Tahiti inter island online check-in

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has found reviews or knows first hand about the online check-in for inter island flights through Air Tahiti. Their website alludes to being able to "print your boarding card or save it on your smarthphone or tablet" and once at airport "have your boarding card printed or recorded on your smartphone or tablet and the required travel documents at the ready."

However, i'm wondering if this saves anytime if you still have baggage to check in. They say "If you have baggage to check in: Go to the "Baggage Drop-off" desk or, failing that, to the check-in desk of your flight."

Is there usually a separate line to drop off baggage? And, has anyone used mobile boarding passes before? Any issues?

Thank you!

8 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
540 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Tahiti inter island online check-in

We really didn't see the point of online check-in, since we had checked bags that we needed to give them at the counter anyway. I only recall seeing one line (and there was no line, really), even at Papeete airport.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 08:11
Kennewick...
Level Contributor
446 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Tahiti inter island online check-in

There is a separate line for dropping off bags, and it saved us a lot of time standing in line.

Our travel agency helped us once we arrived,and walked us down and checked us in through a kiosk, then we just went and dropped our bags.

This was this morning.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 12:13
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Tahiti inter island online check-in

Thanks so much! I'm assuming they don't put tags on the luggage, right?

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
446 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Tahiti inter island online check-in

They did tag our checked bag in Papeete. They did not weigh our carry on however, but we both only had a daypack, plus duty free alcohol.

Also, there was quite the line in Papeete, and our flight was late so had we not had the help we would have cut things uncomfortably close.

AIT Tahit Nui was very unorganized in LA.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 11:52
Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Tahiti inter island online check-in

Air Tahiti online check-in is useful when departing to Papeete as they have different counters and the drop-off one is of course shorter. I used the online check-in also for all my other flights but it was basically useless: the "airports" most of the times were so basic that only a counter was functioning and they would print a new paper boarding pass even if I had my pdf on the phone.

Ft Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Tahiti inter island online check-in

Thanks for your reply!

And just to clarify, were you able to use the PDF on your phone at least at Papeete?

Thanks again!

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Tahiti inter island online check-in

I'm pretty sure I used my PDF only once and it was Papeete. In the other islands they printed anyway a paper boarding pass.

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
446 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Tahiti inter island online check-in

And you have to show your passport each time.

Reply to: Air Tahiti inter island online check-in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted