We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patterson Brothers Ferry Service

Which Suva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Patterson Brothers Ferry Service

I'm planning to go to Ovalau with Patterson Brothers Ferry Service. I've read that I have to book and buy my ticket from their office at Epsworth House, Nina Street in Suva. They don't respond to emails [which no longer surprises me ;-) ] so I'm wondering if anyone has experience of them? Do I really have to go there to buy my ticket and if so where is it please? Or can I just turn up at the Rodwell Street Bus Terminal and buy my ticket on the bus which takes me to Natovi for the ferry?

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patterson Brothers Ferry Service

Oh diberry -- what a wonderful adventure you have to look forward to!!

All the planning, and working out the logistics is half the fun I think..

Edited to say ----- sorry I can't help with your query, but I'm sure someone will come in with the advice you need. Good luck.

PS Love the new edit option!!!

Edited: 28 November 2009, 22:34
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patterson Brothers Ferry Service

:-) thank you BaySydney3 - I can't wait to go now!!! Am counting down the days - 78 until I leave UK for Oz! I really love the planning and I know it will help give me confidence when I get there if I'm not totally unprepared - though I'm sure a lot of things, particularly in Fiji, will still take me completely by surprise!!!

Edited: 28 November 2009, 22:53
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,656 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patterson Brothers Ferry Service

Hi again

You do need to book with Patersons one day in advance. If all else fails try phoning. Just remember to check the time in Fiji before you 'phone they close usualy at 5pm. Might be easier to call when you arrive in Fiji. If you are flying in to Nadi you will no doubt be staying at an hotel which will have a travel desk, get them to book it for you, no extra cost. You may want to fly back from Ovalau as I think the ferry leaves at some ungodly hour in the morning and taakes about 4 hours each way. The flight back (Air Fiji) will give you some wonderful

views of the reefs quite beautiful. You have certainly planned an adventure for yourself and I'm sure you will have a great time. Then onto "OZ" when in Australia are you going?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patterson Brothers Ferry Service

Thank you!! I did actually get an email from them but I'm still not sure how I get my ticket. I will indeed ring when I get to Nadi just to be clear. I'll use the tour desk at my hotel as you suggest.

I looked at the ferry times back and rapidly booked with Air Pacific! ;-) As you say, the scenery should be terrific from the plane.

I'm actually going to Oz first for 4 weeks - Sydney, Tasmania, Melbourne, Adelaide along the Great Ocean Road, Alice Springs, Curtin Springs, Ayers Rock Resort, Cairns & Brisbane. Then on to Fiji and then new Zealand! All this between the middle of February and the end of March. Think it will take me a while to recover when I get back to UK but I'm so looking forward to my big adventure!!

5. Re: Patterson Brothers Ferry Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2010, 15:22
Get answers to your questions about Suva