We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Diving companies and which tours to do from Hideaway

Which Sigatoka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Best Diving companies and which tours to do from Hideaway

Hi all again,

I have done an introductory dive before but my partner hasn't and were really keen to do it in Fiji. We would love to do the shark dive in Beqa Lagoon but are only there for 6 days and you need to get certification before do that :(

So we were wondering which would be the best company to go with from Fiji hideaway resort.

I know that Diveaway Fiji operates from there but South Pacific Adventure Divers also picks up from there. Which would have the better site if anyone knows?

Also wanting to do the waterfall tour with wildboarfiji but have also seen another tour with The jewel of Fiji up the navua river with bamboo rafting. Is it worth doing both?

We want to support to local villages and not the greedy tourist operators as much so were heading towards the wildboarfiji horseback rise and lunch and possibly add on the cave tour and hot springs tour? i have emailed them anyways and contacted on facebook.

Also is there any island day cruises or snorkelling day trips we can do from the hideaway? I have read the snorkelling infront of the resort is average and i would really like to see out near the islands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Diving companies and which tours to do from Hideaway

We were thinking for the snorkelling of going through Fabi from Eco Cafe at Votua Village for the snorkelling and hot springs as per previous posts on the forum but where is that as i can't find it on google maps! How do we get there from Hideaway?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Diving companies and which tours to do from Hideaway

Check out diveaway on facebook and look at their fantastic pictures taken off the beach at Hideaway. You can do a snorkelling trip with them, not sure of the cost If you google diveaway they have a homepage and a blog which should give you the info. You can do a non certified dive with them too, but I think you would have to do the free intro dive in the pool first which they do daily.

Also if you look on the right of this uptop on Fiji forum you will see "things to do" there is a post in there by Birches(something) that gives details of snorkelling in the marine park which is supposed to be great.

Day trip to the islands will involve a very long day, pickup would be around 6.30 am return about 7pm, but worth it if you want to do it. We did a 7 day cruise around the Yasawas a couple of years ago, the fish were good but most of the coral was dead because of a cyclone. The coral off Hideaway was a lot better. My husband is a diver and the first time he dived off Hideaway he said it was better than off Cairns or Port Douglas, not sure how true that is as I don't dive.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Diving companies and which tours to do from Hideaway

We very recently stayed at Hideaway & my 17 yr old son did the diving course offered at the resort - he loved it & is now a certified diver. He had 4 dives, read a textbook, skills in the pool & then had an exam - all over & done with in 4 days I think it was!

4. Re: Best Diving companies and which tours to do from Hideaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka