We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tambua Resort: highway noise from beachfront bures?

sydney
Level Contributor
183 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Tambua Resort: highway noise from beachfront bures?

Hi, I was hesitating between Crusoe resort and Wellesley because of their remote location but I am now thinking that it may not be such a good idea. First reason is that I have requested quotes from several rental car agencies and no 4WD available...so we may have to rent a 2wd car – the good point is that it is cheaper. Second reason is that I would like to do the Sigatoka River safari tour (half day) and that it will require too much driving around to go back to Sigatoka once we will be in Crusoe.

I am now thinking about staying at Tambua Resort as they offer similar facilities and it is closer to the activities. Their rates are much cheaper too. I got a quote for a beachfront bure for AUD290 for 3 nights all taxes included + breakfast! Almost 50% cheaper than Crusoe. So i might book this hotel.

My only concern is the noise from the highway? Can we hear the traffic from the beachfront bungalows??

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,096 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tambua Resort: highway noise from beachfront bures?

We never had too much problem with the road noise in a beachfront bures as the road is nothing like main roads that we are used to. You should not have a problem as there is little traffic at night, it was mainly during the day that we were aware of passing traffic then it was not bad . It is cheaper so I would go for it.

2. Re: Tambua Resort: highway noise from beachfront bures?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 16:33
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka