We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger on the Lagoon - Can you walk to Sigatoka town

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
218 posts
53 reviews
Outrigger on the Lagoon - Can you walk to Sigatoka town

Is anyone able to tell me if Sigatoka town is within walking distance of Outrigger? Also, any ideas of cheap places to eat? How much is the average breakfast and evening meal at a family type restaurant at the Outrigger? Can you buy bread, milk, water locally and for how much? Any recommendations of best things to do around the area for a family with two boys (4 and 7 years)? Is Sigatoka market open every day? Any other information would also be much appreciated. We are going to the Outrigger on the 9th of September. Thanks

Edited: 29 August 2010, 07:48
New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
327 reviews
1. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon - Can you walk to Sigatoka town

Hi there - Outrigger is not in walking distance to anything really but you can catch local buses or a taxi into Sigatoka. Outrigger is not really a self catering type of resort - more full service - and not for the budget conscious traveller. Maybe a resort like Tambua Sands or Bedarra Beach would be more suited to your needs if this is a concern for you.

I can highly recommend the Sigatoka Railway trip to Natadola Beach as a great family day out but it will cost about $165pp. If you are on a budget - best to stick to the free resort activities. They usually have more than enough to keep you and the kids occupied for your entire stay.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon - Can you walk to Sigatoka town

there's a local store down the road for supplies (in the direction of Sigatoka). THe meals are nice at Le CAfe and the Bedarra which are a 5 min walk from the outrigger. Casablanca is ok for pizzas.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
218 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon - Can you walk to Sigatoka town

Thanks so much for the information. We have heard from others also that the railway trip is great so its good to have that confirmed. Do you have any idea in terms of kilometres of how far the resort is from Sigatoka town ( we are already booked into Outrigger for the 9th of September and are now just trying to get our bearings). Thanks so much for your previous reply, really appreciate it

S.E.QLD
Level Contributor
36 posts
4. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon - Can you walk to Sigatoka town

G'day Riley89,

Sigatoka is approx 7 klm from the Outrigger so it's a fair sort of walk. Mind you, you would meet plenty of interesting folk on the way. Next door to Outrigger [on your right facing the ocean] is a cafe. On our last visit some 18mnths ago, we found the food good, the price very reasonable.

You could get a taxi from there for approx F$7.00 to town. Check it out before you order transport from where you are staying.

I find google earth a valuable tool for navigating holiday destinations, it's a free download and very useful for calculating distances etc..

And NO, i have no affiliation with the above mentioned product.

Hope you have an enjoyable time.

Cheers....Ausbro

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon - Can you walk to Sigatoka town

i have the phone number of a taxi driver who lives in the area. let me know if u want it

6. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon - Can you walk to Sigatoka town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka