We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Sonaisali really as bad as people say it is?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Sonaisali really as bad as people say it is?

My family and I are travelling to Fiji in November, and we have booked 5 nights at The Outrigger, and then three at The Sonaisali, just hoping I have done the right thing.......

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Is the Sonaisali really as bad as people say it is?

Yeah they said that my boys cant go together to the kids club, so I may not send them at all, as my younger son doesnt even like going to school without his brother. You know it supposed to be a family holiday, they will want to be together when they are not with us. I think the Sonaisali will let them go together??

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
94 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Is the Sonaisali really as bad as people say it is?

If he's still 7 when you arrive then I'd just put him down in the 7 year olds - I can't seem them minding at all! My two (5 and 8) had a blast at kids club- loved every minute of it and nice to get a break from then. You have to reregister them every day by filling out a form so I'd just keep ticking the 3-7 yr old box - and if he is 7 when you arrive then there should be no problems!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Is the Sonaisali really as bad as people say it is?

Sorry, what i meant was my eldest is 10, and will be with the older kids. Younger one wont turn 8 until 10 days after we leave Fiji.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Is the Sonaisali really as bad as people say it is?

For all my tripadvisor friends im in excited mode today so ive got 10 Weeks to go till im back in my shared fav part of the world Fiji and my fav resort Sonaisali Island Resort. Just thought i would share as im kind of excited!

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Is the Sonaisali really as bad as people say it is?

I know that I am replying a little late....but just wanted to say as for the beaches that everyone comments about outside all the Resorts - lets face it, especially for all the people who come from Australia - there is never going to be a place on earth that has the best beaches like Australia, so you have to stop comparing/complaining. I've been to Europe & America (incl Hawaii), and still have not found a place as beautiful for beaches as OZ (especially Hyams - with the whitest clean sand). And most TA sites tell us of the not so good beaches in FIJI, so don't go expecting it to be great and don't go if you want to beach all day - come to OZ instead!!

I havent been to fiji yet, going in 7 weeks to Outrigger. I am going with an open mind to enjoy a new country & its culture. Travelling with hubbie & two kids 6yrs & almost 3yrs - so here's hoping that Oliver can get into kids club for the 3-7yrs with his sister, as he turns 3, one month later after hols - he will be 2yrs 11months when we are holidaying at Outrigger. I am hoping they will accept him if my kids want to do the kids club as he is quite mature for his age & taller as well??!! But if not, I am happy to have kiddies with us all the time.

Don't stress too much about what people say on TA - some get a bee in their bonnet/chip on their shoulder and nothing is good enough.

Honestly the way some people carry on....its as if they booked PALAZZO VERSACE - a world 6 star hotel!! You have to expect that standards are not the same as OZ or some other countries....and really the fijians are trying their best & by the sounds of things the people are the nicest & most polite in the world. And quite calm....even if a little slow.

And also about the rate of food expense....really its a resort, and don't you expect that you will pay more??!!

You've done the right thing. Hope you have a fantastic holiday & a great experience (same goes for us) - good luck with the kids club, hoping they will accept my little man too.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Is the Sonaisali really as bad as people say it is?

I have travelled up to the whitsundays and as I live in Brisbane I have been to the Sunshine and Gold Coast alot on the weekends. Have been to Fraser Island and Rainbow Beach as well.

With the exception of Whitehaven beach, I think that the beaches on the islands of Fiji are better.

Nola :)

Edited: 02 September 2010, 11:26
SYDNEY
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Is the Sonaisali really as bad as people say it is?

Well here's hoping that finally some place can match or better Oz - although I am not going for the beaches.

The NSW south coast is quite hard to beat though....have you been there?? For those who have, they will understand me totally!!! Have to say, although some beaches are nice up north, South Coast is far better & cleaner.

I've been to the Maldives & Phuket/Phi Phi Islands as well, and still love Oz South Coast beaches better!!

But I am so looking forward to FIJI and all it has to offer.!!!! But I know that the beach outside Outrigger is not too great....but ok to snorkel etc.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Is the Sonaisali really as bad as people say it is?

Have been to northern NSW as far down as Coffs Harbour.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time in Fiji and be planning your return trip on the way home in the plane like most of us do!!

Nola :)

29. Re: Is the Sonaisali really as bad as people say it is?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka