We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailors and Dressmakers

Flinders Island...
Level Contributor
60 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Tailors and Dressmakers

We are staying 8 days at the Outrigger on the Lagoon in October. Can anyone help me with a good dressmaker and Tailor in the area and the likely cost of suits. I think the nearest town to the Outrigger is Sigatoka.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailors and Dressmakers

Don't know if you are going to get this sort of thing in Fiji. I maybe wrong, but Fiji is not like Bali or Thailand in that you can pick up cheap clothes etc.

Nola :)

Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailors and Dressmakers

I've never heard of it either in Fiji.

As well as Bali and Thailand, Hong Kong is a place that advertises suit making in 24 hours.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailors and Dressmakers

The following link posted by Bluestreek, a regular poster to this site, has information on a tailor in Nadi.

Hope this helps.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
550 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tailors and Dressmakers

There are many tailors/dressmakers in Fiji and Sigatoka is bound to have at least 2 or 3 but don't expect quality workmanship as you would receive in Asia. I doubt that any would make suits but you will get dress/business trousers for men. Ask the staff at the resort for recommendations.

Level Contributor
402 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tailors and Dressmakers

I would agree with previous posts as Fiji is not like Asia, where you can get dresses or suits made in 24hrs.

Not sure what you are after but the only tailor I am aware of in Sigatoka is Billimoria (just ask while in Sigatoka as it's not hard to locate the shop).

Hope this helps.

6. Re: Tailors and Dressmakers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka
Recent Conversations