We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 6 days enough or not and if so where to stay?

Longmont, Colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
Is 6 days enough or not and if so where to stay?

My husband and I are thinking of going to Fiji in Oct., however we only have 6 nights due to the date line change. I am wondering if 6 nights is enough or should we do it another time when we have more time.

If we do go I was wonder where would be a good place to stay main island, or small island or sometime at both. We want to relax on a beautiful beach, but also do other fun things like fishing, water sports, tours, ect.

Has anyone been to both Fiji and St. Lucia?

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 6 days enough or not and if so where to stay?

The best beaches with crystal clear blue green water and great snorkeling are found in the islands. It would help to offer advice, if you could give an idea of your budget.

Longmont, Colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 6 days enough or not and if so where to stay?

We are thinking around $5000.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 6 days enough or not and if so where to stay?

Matangi Island is our favorite resort in Fiji. Have been there four times. It is a small adults only resort. The14 bures, offer a of treehouse, beachfront, and ocean view. The snorkeling is breathtaking right off the beach. Kayaks and two small catamarans are available.Some tours are complimentary, others at a fee.

http://www.matangiisland.com/

Also take a look at Viwa. Also a small adults only resort. We stayed there a couple of years ago over New Years. The beach is stunning. Great for swimming, walking, or kayaking.

http://www.viwaislandresort.com/

If you would like to see pictures of our vacations to these islands, send me your e-mail in a private message. Will send you an invitation to view the pictures we posted on Picasa.

I have sent you a private message. Will be my pleasure to answer any questions you may have.

Edited: 19 July 2010, 07:26
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 6 days enough or not and if so where to stay?

Totally agree with E&CinReno, you need to go to an island to experience the best beaches and clearest water in Fiji. She also gave some really good suggestions on resorts. Oh and yes, 6 nights will be long enough, but you will be wishing it was longer :)

Nola :)

5. Re: Is 6 days enough or not and if so where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2011, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka