We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for 1 night?

Bath, United Kingdom
10 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay for 1 night?

Hi guys,

I have messed up my transfers, as our flight gets in to Nadi @ 16.00 and the last Cat transfer to Matamanoa is @ 15.00.

We were thinking of getting helicopter but are trying to keep the costs down as we have spent far too much money already on this honeymoon!!

so I would like to know where is good to stay a night nr the airport, or equally nr the port as we will get the Cat in the morning,

Your much needed advice is greatly appreciated, as always :)

Grace

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for 1 night?

If it wasn't your honeymoon, I would recommend doing it on the cheap at Mama's Tropic of Cancer Resort (Backpackers), or next door at Smugglers Cove (flashpackers). Both are right on the water at Nadi Bay (New Town Beach) and offer free airport pick up and transfer to the Marina. Also a younger crowd.

Given that it is your honeymoon I would probably say The Westin on Denaurau, only as it is probably closest to Denauaru Marina, so you could also walk down there in the evening and eat at Mama's Pizza, The Hard Rock or the other restaurants on offer there, which are a fair bit cheaper than Denaurau Resorts.

Failing that, just grab whatever is offering a special. The Hilton managed Beach Resort is also nice.

FYI - The airport is only 15-20 mins from Denaurau Isl, so it is not a big arduous trip. There is not much quality on offer around Nadi Airport, or Nadi itself.

Bath, United Kingdom
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for 1 night?

Thank you so much, I have taken your advice and booked the Westin!

is it easy to get from the airport to the Westin?

Grace

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for 1 night?

It takes about 20 mins to get from the airport to Denarau by taxi.

There's always plenty of taxi's at the airport, but pay in FJD. By law they are supposed to use meters now. F$1 per km with F$5 flagfall. The Westin is about 3 mins by taxi to Port Denarau (or you could walk if it's not too hot) PD is where SSC's boat departs for the islands.

enjoy your honeymoon LTB

4. Re: Where to stay for 1 night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 17:15