We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beqa lagoon or Yasawa/Mamanuca islands

Sonoma County...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beqa lagoon or Yasawa/Mamanuca islands

Planning our first trip to Fiji and would appreciate advice. We will be staying on south side of Viti Levu near Pacific Harbor. We are a family interested in great beaches/snorkeling. I have always heard great things about the Yasawa and Mamanuca Islands, but these are a bit of distance from our lodging. Are the beaches/snorkeling areas closer to our hotel (such as Beqa lagoon and Yanuca Island) comparable, or should we make an effort to get to the Yasawas or Mamanucas?

2 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
701 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beqa lagoon or Yasawa/Mamanuca islands

I recently returned from 9 nights split between Octopus and Blue Lagoon Beach resorts in the Yasawas, and the snorkeling was amazing ( off the beach at Octopus, via boat tour at Blue Lagoon). I would defintely think the trip is worth the effort. I did go to Beqa, so others will have to say how it compares. If you're short on time, you can fly to Bkue Lagoon, and Octopus runs a fast boat (jut over an hour) from Vuda marina. If you have time, the ferry system is easy and inexpensive.

Floresville, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beqa lagoon or Yasawa/Mamanuca islands

Just yesterday returned from Beqa and stayed at Beqa Lagoon and Resort. Snorkeling is FANTASTIC. The folks their are a 5-star PADI CENTER so they also have diving and snorkeling outings. The resort, staff, food, entertainment and the people on the island are a friendly, genuinely easy going, and polite people. 3 meals are provided daily and excellent. Water, tea, and coffee is included. Soda and drinks are extra and a bit expensive though. The staff at the resort are top notch. They are undergoing superb landscaping upgrades. No crime but they do have security and by day 2 everyone knows your name and all speak English. A MUST SEE AND STAY in our book and YES we plan to return next holiday.

Edited: 23 October 2017, 06:14
Reply to: Beqa lagoon or Yasawa/Mamanuca islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Viti Levu
Recent Conversations