We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

Melbourne
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

We are wanting to go last minute to fiji to the islands - Tuesday 19th and I have been able to find some accommodation at this late time. I am not sure what the islands are like and would like some advice please from the people that know :)

The accommodation type is in Beach Bures on all the islands

Amunuca Island Resort, Treasure Island, Plantation Island & Beachcomber Island .

I was thinking of splitting between two islands. Any advice will be great.

Thanks

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

Beachcomber is "the party" island, so if you have a young child it's probably not ideal it caters for under 30's mostly.

Plantation is a very large family resort, so if you like lots and lots of people you may like it. But Malolo Lailai Island on which it's situated is a big island with 3 resorts, Musket Cove and adults only Lomani, so plenty of dining options, if you don't want to eat at Plantation, where the food is not the best IMO.

Treasure and Amunuca are smaller resorts and more personal. The beach at Treasure is lovely.

Hope the last minute planning goes well Nicky. LTB

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

forget Beachcomber. Amanuca and Treasure would be my picks of those you have mentioned. The reef off Amanuca is lovely and easily accessible right off the beach. Treasure is very popular and while Amanuca is only a few years old it did have some issues to begin but seems to have overcome these now..

Mana and Plantation are great for families but for me they are too big and impersonal. Am sure you will enjoy the other two. Hope you are able to get the bookings you want and have a great holiday. We are going ourselves in May it is a lovely time of the year in Fiji. Still warm but no humidity.

Barb

Melbourne
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

Thank you both for your advice. I am so nervous to go ahead and book accomodation at Treasure and Amunuca as some of the reviews are great and others not. I don't expect a 5 star resort, but at the same time, don't expect a resort that is tired and shabby??

I can also get 3 nights at Toberua Island Resort which looks lovely, but seems to be a mission to get there?

and then also, I can get Musket Cove??

Thanks

Nicky

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

Hi Nicky

We had a recent stay at Amunuca and I promise you won't be disappointed!!! We loved the whole week there...

Leanne

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

Toberua Island Resort is off Suva which is a good 3-4 hrs drive from Nadi airport, much further away.

I love Musket Cove, lots of water activities and eating options, and is more upmarket than Amunuca. The pool and restaurant area have recently been renovated, have a look at the new pics on their facebook page.

Plenty to do there and probably cheaper to get to via the Malolo Cat

good luck LTB

Edited: 17 April 2011, 17:24
Melbourne
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

Thanks everyone for your help.

Have book Amunuca beachfront bure from 20 April for 9 nights. I am soooo excited and have sooo much to do before we leave. Typical me....everything last minute :) I so hope that I won't be disappointed in the choice!

I was thinking of doing the full meal plan for the 9 nights..... do u recommend that?

Nicky

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

Congratulations on booking.The following link maybe of interest. Has suggestions of what to take with you.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

Glad to hear you are booked. Have a wonderful holiday. With 9 nights you are probably better staying at the one resort. Look forward to hearing how you liked it when you return. Don't forget the block out lotion and insect repelant. Don't want sunburna nd mozzie bites to spoil yr holiday.u

Barb

Rural SA
Level Contributor
286 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

I realise you're probably in transit somewhere now but just in case you get a chance to log on...

Grab some fruit and nuts if you can to snack on and definitely take plenty of sunscreen as all are expensive on the island. We also took weetbix and muesli, ground coffeee and a plunger. We enjoyed the a la carte meal every night (approx 30.00 aud for soup. choice of main and dessert). It's very laid back and chilled out at Amunuca so we spent days snorkelling or in the pool. Monuriki Island is definitely worth visiting as is the school/village/shell markets at neighbouring Yanuya island.

The beach-front bures are small but comfortable with aircon, great beds and private deck to enjoy the sunsets. They are in the process of re-thatching the whole resort and the main pavilion looks great.

I'd go back tomorrow without hesitation - the staff will treat you like family. We loved the guys at Reef Safari on-site too.

10. Re: Last minute - resort advice needed PLEASE URGENT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 16:18