We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

Hello! My fiance and I just booked part of our honeymoon at the Taveuni Palms this coming July 2014. We will be staying in Taveuni for a week, but would like to extend our honeymoon another 5-7 days and explore another Fijan island. We are looking for a hotel/resort that offers a variety of excursions but also 5 star amenities. I've read about zip-lining and cave tours in Fiji....however, I don't know which islands offer these activities, nor which resorts cater to honeymooners. Please help! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

No zip lining on the outer islands. Yasawa Island Resort is adults only, and has a tour to the Blue Lagoon Caves.

http://yasawa.com/play/blue-lagoon-caves/

Though it doesn't offer zip lining or cave tours, Tokoriki is worth considering.

http://www.tokoriki.com

Regular poster, Mitch007 has been to both resorts, and has nothing but glowing comments for them. Am sure he will respond with information for you.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

Forgot to mention LikuLiku. The only resort in Fiji with over the water bures.

http://www.likulikulagoon.com

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

You can do Zip Lining from the Resorts on the Coral Coast. If you were to decide to do this it will involve a lot of travelling The Coral Coast is on Viti Levu about 1.5 to 2 Hours from Nadi.

There are some good resorts and they do cater for honeymooners but they are not adult only.

You can also do a river boat charter on the Sigatoka River which I am told is a lot of fun.

As you do have a fair bit of time this may be a possibility but there is a fair bit of travelling involved

Hope this helps

Baz

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

Thanks everyone! I was actually looking at LikuLiku and Tokoriki. If we stayed at one of these resorts, do you know what kind of excursions would be available for us to take? Thanks again!

5. Re: Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 January 2014, 15:36
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

You're welcome jojo. Have a look at the websites for both resorts. Tours/activities are listed as well as other information you may find helpful/informative. Should you have questions, contact the resort via e-mail. Has been our experience were happy and quick to respond to questions we had.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

Firstly congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon :)

Zip Lining can only be done (as far as I'm aware) from down around Sigatoka area on the mainland.

Yasawa Island Resort has snorkeling and private beach picnics you can do, plus a few hikes to different areas of the island. It also has its own Blue Lagoon Cave Tour as E&CinRino mentioned.

Tokoriki doesn't have as much but can do beach picnics, a hike to top of the island, and trips to Castaway island.

Never been to Likuliku so can't tell you much about it's activities. but hope this helps :)

Any questions about YIR or TIR, feel free to ask.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate all of the info you have given me. Your suggestions have been very helpful. Wishing all of you a very Happy New Year! Thanks again!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

Glad to help. Am sure your honeymoon will be everything you hope for and more.

10. Re: Fiji Honeymoon July 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 16:17