We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

Rochester, ny
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

We are planning a holiday in Fiji in August 2013 (we plan early)...we would greatly appreciate input on the following itineary:

Day 1: Arrive 5:40 am; stay in Nadi, rest up

Day 2-4: Navini

Day 5-8 Octopus Resort

Day 9-12 Blue Lagoon Resort

Day 13: Back to Nadi to make sure we catch flight the next day; however, it is not until 10:30 pm

Day 14: Fly home

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

Wouldn't spend any time in Nadi. Navini offers 24/7 transportation to the island. You will be at the resort within a hour of landing in Nadi.

Day 14, will be along day as you will have to think of something to do with your time. Would spend the day at Blue Lagoon Resort. South Sea Cruises arrive back at Denarau at 6:30. Plenty of time you before you fly out of Nadi.

Drinks at resorts can be pricey. Suggest taking the amount of alcohol allowed by customs for having drinks in your bure/room. You can also purchase spirits at the duty free shop in the airport in Nadi.

The following link has other suggestions of what to take with you.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Let me know, if you would like to see pictures of our vacation to Navini. They will give you a good idea of the beach, bures, tours, resort grounds, etc.

Hope this helps.

Rochester, ny
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

Was thinking Nadi to go souvenier shopping (for my adult kids)..bad idea? We are all beer drinkers....is it ok to pick it up at the airport and take it to the islands in suitcases? Will there be ice available to ice it down? Thought of returning the night before as I have read that if there are rough seas the boats could be cancelled. Would you recommend South Seas Cruises over the Yasawa Flyer? We would love to see your pics..thank you so much!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

You're welcome.

Haven't done any shopping in Nadi. Wouldn't be worth a two day stay in my opinion. We purchase some souvenirs at the village/school we visit. The money helps support them. We did some shopping at Denarau.....then found I could have bought some of the same things cheaper while shopping at the airport while waiting for our flight home. Lots of duty free shops. Others have clothing and a wide range of souvenirs.

Yes, can purchase beer and take it with you. Don't know what brands they carry. We aren't beer drinkers, but love Fiji Premium. Wish we could buy it in the states. You can get a bucket of ice from the resort bar. Can't stand warm beer, so put the ice in it. Navini has a small fridge you can put the beer in.

Haven't taken the Yasawa Flyer or South Seas Cruises, so can't comment. We fly to resorts we vacation to. The flights are always late. That said, we had no problems making our connection home. Do what you are comfortable with.

Send me your e-mail address in a private message and I will send you an invitation to view our pictures on Picasa.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,600 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

If you want a day in Nadi I would save the best, Navini, till last then they can meet you off the Yasawa Flyer at Beachcomber Island stop, take you across to Navini then on the day of departure will take you back to Nadi in time to check in for your flight Only about a 2omin trip.. The Nadi boat is a speed boat and perfectly safe for evening travel as it has latest navigation instruments and you are heading towards the mainland and it is calmer. You can shop on the day you arrive and the airport too has a similar selection of souveniers in the Duty Free to those you would buy in Nadi. In fact I would reverse your trip and start at Blue Lagoon, then Octopus then Navini so you are traveling in the one direction not going back and forth. You arrive at Beachcomber around 5pm getting off here saves you going back to Nadi wasting more holiday time. We have done this many times.

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

I agree with all that has been said above, and I think HOOKED makes a great suggestion to reverse your trip. Stay at Navini at the end of your holiday and get them to take you back to the airport at 5pm. (It's free to use their day room until 5).

I think one night in Nadi will be enough and you will be grateful for an extra 4th night on Navini. It's the type of place you'll never want to leave.

Rochester, ny
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

Thank you everyone for your help!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

You're welcome sihirth. Did you receive my private message?

Rochester, ny
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

I have not :(

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

Will send again.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fiji Itinerary Input Please!

You're email address was rejected by hotmail when I sent you the invitation to view our pictures. Please confirm your e-mail address in another private message.

Edited: 15 February 2012, 13:33