We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navutu Stars or Navini Island Resort?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
218 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Navutu Stars or Navini Island Resort?

Please help me decide which will better suit us? We are a couple celebrating my husband's 40th birthday with a 2.5 week trip to Australia and then want to relax for 5 night in Fiji on our way home to the US. We will be looking for a quiet beach, friendly people, good food and cocktails to drink as we read. We love to walk up and down a soft, sandy beach and swim in both the pool and the ocean. Both locations look fabulous. Which would you choose?

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,336 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Navutu Stars or Navini Island Resort?

Can only comment on Navini, as we haven't been to Navutu Stars.

LTB another DE, and regular poster, has recently returned from Navutu Stars. Am sure she will respond with information for you.

There is no pool and we didn't miss it Every day we walked and swam off the beach. It was stunning. Crystal clear blue water with long, soft, white sand beaches. Great for snorkeling, swimming, or kayaking regardless of the tide.

A real plus for us was Navini offers 24/7 transportation to the island, so no need to overnight on the main island. We were at the resort within an hour after landing in Nadi. Depending on when you arrive Nadi from Australia, you may have to spend a night on the main island.

Can honestly say we enjoyed every meal at Navini. An expected first for us, as we don't go to Fiji expecting to like every meal. We were hesitate about the communal dining as we prefer to dine alone. That said, we thoroughly enjoyed meeting the owners and other guests. You can also have dinner on the beach.

The bar is small. Most brands of gin, vodka, etc. were local and not brands you would find in the US. We purchased alcohol at the duty free shop at the airport in Nadi for having drinks in our bure.

Am sure you will have an amazing time whichever resort you decide on. My advice is to check out the websites, if you haven't already done so. Both resorts get excellent reviews. Suggest you read them and private message posters with questions. Our review for Navini is on page two.

If you would like to see pictures of our recent vacation to Navini, send me your e-mail address in a private message. Will send you an invitation to view pictures we posted on Picasa. They will give you a good idea of the bures, beach, dining room, resort grounds, tours, etc.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 21 July 2011, 12:26
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Navutu Stars or Navini Island Resort?

No pool at Navini and the one at Navutu is very small. They are nothing alike for me Navini everytime but Navutu is a lovely resort too. Beaches at Navini are beautiful with all tide swimming possible and the reef right around the island is brilliant. Food excellent and the staff lovely as they are on Navutu. The advantage of Navini is that they will pick you up and drop you off 24/7 for transfers from airport in Nadi so no need to stay on the mainland at either end you get maximum island time. Off shsore excursions to other islands, local village,fishing and snorkeling on other reefs are included in the price.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navutu Stars or Navini Island Resort?

Guess it depends how far from Nadi you want to go.

Navini is quite close to the mainland. However I've never stayed there so can't comment.

Last month I stayed at Navutu Stars on Yaqeta Island in the Yasawas.

I absolutely loved it and loved all the fresh seafood available. The staff were wonderful and with only 9 bures it was quiet, perfect for couples, very private and offered so many extras that other resorts charge for.

Beautiful beaches, good snorkelling trips, I'd go back again tomorrow! and will be in the near future.

Suggest you fly via Turtle Airways, or catch the Yasawa flyer up to see the beautiful islands on the way and fly back. The seaplane lands in front of Turtle Island Resort and transfer about 5 mins on the Navutu boat

Reviews here tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g612496-d621872…

My TA tripwow pics

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-01db-9dfa-59e4…

Book early and enjoy LTB

Here's my review, suggest you check others too

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Navutu Stars or Navini Island Resort?

My edit time ran out here's the link to my review

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g612496-d621…

LTB

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Navutu Stars or Navini Island Resort?

Navini too only has 9 bures and it is not that close to Nadi They are further out than Treasure and Beachcomber. A direct transfer out in their speedboat takes about 1/2hour. Very different to most of the island resorts, very personal you may arrive as a guest but leave as a friend.

6. Re: Navutu Stars or Navini Island Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 10:18