We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Class vs Coach

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,300 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Business Class vs Coach

On our recent trip to Tahiti we upgraded at the airport for I think $700 each way. Does Pacific Air allow this and if so how much is it? Any idea if the upgrade is usually available? How cramped is coach?

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Class vs Coach

Yes, Air Pacific offers upgrades at the counter. The last time I upgraded this way it cost around US$600 from Lax to Nan and I think FJD$1000 Nan to Lax. That was a few years ago though. It was much cheaper than buying a full fare upgrade, but of course there is no guarantee that you will get a seat!!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Class vs Coach

We upgraded last March. The price was $1500 USD for two from LAX to Nandi. Return was $1200 USD for two, and well worth it in my option. Think the price may have gone up some. Lots of leg room. The seats are leather, and have lots of room. They recline quite far, but not all the way flat.

If you want to upgrade it is MUST you be in line before the counter opens. We are in line three hours before it opens. If there is availability the seats will go quick.

3. Re: Business Class vs Coach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 16:17