We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

Which Fiji hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

Can anyone advise on duty-free shopping at Nadi airport - particularly makeup (MAC, Lancome, Clinique) electronics and jewellry. Unsure whether I should buy up as I leave Sydney or wait til Nadi?!

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

Hi Tappoo and Prouds are the major duty free stores at Nadi airport. I suggest that you e-mail them and find out whether they stock the make-up you are after. Remember if you buy at the airpoirt you will be paying in Fijian dollars which with the great currency exchange rate, might be cheaper than buying in Australia.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,341 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

You can buy all you want at the airport, Prouds are excellent. They also have a store in Nadi town. If you spend over a certain amount you can claim back the tax at the airport.

Rural SA
Level Contributor
286 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

I priced an ipod $75 aud cheaper in Fiji than Australia.....I also thought, although not cheap, that south sea pearls were cheaper too. I bought my daughter a pandora bracelet and charms which worked out at 20% cheaper than home and got fantastic customer service from Prouds in Fiji whilst there And AFTER I got home when I discovered the bracelet was too big - they arranged a straight forward exchange at a local jeweller.

Edited: 03 February 2011, 20:33
Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

The pricing is cheaper in Nadi but Sydney has a better range. Nadi has Clinique, Revlon, lancome, YSL, clarins, quite a large perfume range, but no Mac. It's a great place to buy Pure Fiji as well (great for gifts). Jewellery, electronics will be much cheaper too but again, very limited range compared to Syd.

Rural SA
Level Contributor
286 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

I loved Pure Fiji products!! I wish I had bought more. The frangipani sugar scrub was about $18.00 aud in Fiji and my beauty studio sells the same product for $55.00 aud.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

What about alcohol?

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

What about alcohol?

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

yes, they have alcohol too!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

Write down prices when you leave your home country, compare to prices in Fiji departure duty free, if not comparable buy when you land at home (not necessarily including alcohol in this but can be cheaper).

Brisbane
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Duty-Free Shopping at Nadi Airport

I was really impressed with the duty free at Nadi. For stupid reasons, we ran out of time in Brisbane before boarding our flight so hadn't purchased any vodka or wine to take with us - got it on the way in at Nadi at better prices. Really liked the variety of shops on our departure - heaps of souvenirs. There are several shops selling different brands of perfumes etc (like one didn't stock Chanel but another one did). If you are into Pandora beads you can buy them at much cheaper rates than Australia. Liked the Fiji Bitter shop for some 'male' gifts. Fiji arts shop. We also bought six packs of different Fiji beers to bring home as gifts. Also bought perfume, alcohol, chocolate, Pure Fiji, curry powders, a shirt. Don't know about the price of electronics - weren't looking at that.

Kaz