We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please on where to Stay - First timers

Leeton, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Help please on where to Stay - First timers

Hi everyone ,

We have decided to finally go over to gorgeous Fiji, as it's our first vist to Fiji I really can't decide where to stay. I have looked at the 'Fiji Resort and Spa' managed by Hilton, 'The Westin Denaru', 'The Outrigger' & 'The intercontinental'. We are looking for a resort that is modern, has gorgeous pools, close to the beach and not too isolated. We are in our late 20's & early 30's and just looking to escape for a week of relaxation..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Juls.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please on where to Stay - First timers

Hi Juls

Bothe the Westin and Hilton are at Denarau. The beach there is not very good at all, with murky water. The Outrigger and Intercontinental have better beaches, as they are on the Coral Coast.

I personally would choose an island stay, as this is where the crystal clear blue water is located, and great snorkelling. Perhaps spend a night either side of going to and island at Denarau. Have a look at Musket Cove Resort, its not all that far from the mainland. As it's located on a large island, Malolo Lai Lai, there's plenty to do and see, including 2 other resorts there. There are plenty of other beautiful islands in the Mamanuca and Yasawa group, perfect for a real Fijian experience.

happy planning.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,905 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please on where to Stay - First timers

Have a look at the Intercontinental Hotel too. If you Google Deanarau resorts fiji you will get all the hotels in that area. Read athe reviews too as some seem to get better reviews than others. Also have a look at Tokoriki Island resort, honestly the islands are far nice than the Hotel culture of Denarau which you can find at home.

Melb
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please on where to Stay - First timers

I'd agree with the others, get out to an Island. We stayed at the Outrigger last year and the beach is nothing to get excited by. Pool is great.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please on where to Stay - First timers

If a spa is important to you, check out Qamea. It is to die for, plus the beach, snorkeling, diving and accommodations are fabulous.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help please on where to Stay - First timers

I have just finished devouring the Sunday Paper travel section & theres a good deal going for the Hilton-we are actually considering it.

I wouldnt recommend The Westin-we thought it very gloomy looking & seemed to have a more "mature" clientele (if you get my drift!!lol!).

I havent stayed at either of the other 2, but as has been mentioned, the beach will be much nicer there than Denarau if thats important to you.

Hope this helps.

sydney
Level Contributor
424 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help please on where to Stay - First timers

Remember too that many resorts are geared to families, and even outside school hols there will be lots of littlies. We visited the Outrigger a couple of weeks ago and you couldn't move, especially around the pool, for kids. Have a look at some adults only ones in the islands if you're keen to really relax; Like Toriki, Lomani , Viwa etc. Lots here will recommend others.

7. Re: Help please on where to Stay - First timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2011, 14:17