We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Pacific Blue Flight Changes from Adelaide, Australia!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Virgin Pacific Blue Flight Changes from Adelaide, Australia!

Luckily came across article in today's local Adelaide newspaper advising that Pacific Blue has decided to "ditch" its direct non-stop twice weekly flights to Fiji from May 6 this year due to lack of demand. Sad, but probably unavoidable.

As we are booked on one of these flights to Fiji from Adelaide, in mid May (as well as my daughter and her family) you can imagine I was not very impressed that we had not been contacted before article appeared in the press!

I subsequently phoned them and they advised new flight details, via Melbourne one way, and Brisbane return. No apology was given and our outgoing flight is a day later, so have been organising change of Nadi accommodation and transfers out to Mana Island.

Just thought I'd post this in case any other Adelaidians weren't aware of this change.

SouthOz
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Virgin Pacific Blue Flight Changes from Adelaide, Australia!

Oh no, does this mean there are no direct flights from Adelaide to Fiji at all?? And will they let us know about this for flights already booked or are we meant to contact them?

Thought I had everything planned perfectly for late June!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2. Re: Virgin Pacific Blue Flight Changes from Adelaide, Australia!

They didn't let us know and we had already booked Keen2Visit.

First saw it in Saturday's Advertiser Page 58.

According to report in paper, all direct flights from Adelaide to Nadi are to be stopped from May 6.

They emailed my new itinerary after I phoned them.

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Virgin Pacific Blue Flight Changes from Adelaide, Australia!

There are no flights direct from Adelaide to Nadi flying with Pacific Blue from May 6th. I would contact Pacific Blue and ask them to email you the new details for your flights.You will now either go via Melbourne or Brisbane.The earlier the better you find out the earlier you can change transfers and accom if you need to.

Edited: 21 March 2010, 11:06
Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
117 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Virgin Pacific Blue Flight Changes from Adelaide, Australia!

I'm annoyed about this too. The flight back to Adelaide was a really good one for us with young kids... We've been twice and flying back direct to Adelaide at night has been a really pleasant flight as the kids go to spend the whole day in Fiji and fly back when they were asleep.

I was planning another trip in August, looks like we'll have to go via Brisbane or Sydney which is a pain.

Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Virgin Pacific Blue Flight Changes from Adelaide, Australia!

I was upset to hear of this as well. We were planning to fly direct next time as we have 2 small children. Guess its the same old connecting flights now. It seems they just didnt have the demand which is disappointing.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Virgin Pacific Blue Flight Changes from Adelaide, Australia!

Came back on VB to Adelaide yesterday.

When i checked in they told me only 52 people on it!

Never seen a plane so empty.

After seeing that, i can't blame them for cencelling.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
7. Re: Virgin Pacific Blue Flight Changes from Adelaide, Australia!

Yes footyguy I have no problem with them cancelling direct flights and understand reasoning behind it.

What I am upset about is that we had to read it in our local press and we have never been advise via email.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
8. Re: Virgin Pacific Blue Flight Changes from Adelaide, Australia!

Sorry, i wasnt actualy replying to your post.

Just posting what i saw.

You are spot on though.

Very poor form if they don't advise people!

9. Re: Virgin Pacific Blue Flight Changes from Adelaide, Australia!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2010, 15:18