We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beachfront bure plantation island

geelong
10 posts
Save Topic
beachfront bure plantation island

Hi there. Not sure if I'm posting this question in the right place as I'm new to trip advisor but I'll give it a try. I was hoping someone might be be able to help us know which is the best beachfront bure to ask for. We have an 18 month old who will need sleeps and a 6 year old with Aspergers so really need a beachfront bure that is right on the beach rather than set back [so that we can put our little one down for a sleep but still continue to "be on the beach" but one that is not right in the heart of all the action. Also needing very gentle water that is nice for "littlies" as both are not great with swimming in the beach. Have read that the 200 series might be better as nicer water area in regards to tide etc...Sorry for sounding a bit needy but we are a little bit worried how we will all get on especially with our son's special needs.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Kelly

Pacific
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beachfront bure plantation island

Hi Kelly

All the beachfront bures are close to the water. I would suggest the ones closer to the Lomani Resort side of the property.

You can always email the property. They would be most happy to accommodate your needs.

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beachfront bure plantation island

The beach is perfect for little ones. There are no nasty waves or currents, and there is no sharp coral in the immediate beachfront area.

Victoria
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beachfront bure plantation island

Hi.

The beach is far less effected by the tide on the right side of the jetty as seen on this map, so that's the best area for swimming all day long. These are the 200's you were told about.

…photobucket.com/albums/v616/Fenring/misc/Pl…

I'd try and get one a couple away from the jetty - as you'd imagine the jetty is a busy area and that's also where the activities office etc is.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beachfront bure plantation island

Yes the 200 side of the resort is the place to be.

victoria
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: beachfront bure plantation island

Thanks heaps everyone for your info. Will contact Plantation direct and see what is available. Could come down to availability too.

Thanks again though.

6. Re: beachfront bure plantation island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2010, 16:17