We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

Chicago
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

My fiance and I would like to get married and honeymoon in Fiji. I thought I was fairly set on a 12 night combination trip of Royal Davui and Likuliku, but my fiance has been traveling lately and it's given me time to second guess my choices!

We'd love to stay somewhere that offers privacy and romance, but a resort that offers some number of activities would be good- we love to snorkel, but it would be nice to do some other things as well. Will there be enough "things" to do at Royal Davui and Likuliku or will we get bored after almost 2 weeks?

Luxury and good food are a must- the nicer the accommodations, the better. The villas at Namale look absolutely dreamy and HUGE!

The beaches are also important. I'm beginning to wonder if the beaches at Royal Davui and/or Likuliku will disappoint. From what I've heard, they do not have the fine white sand and azure waters that I love. I've heard Vatulele has gorgeous beaches, but it seems that they are going through a change in mgmt and I can't even find their website these days.

Any thoughts on whether or not Royal Davui and Likuliku would be good choices? Others we should consider that would fit the bill? I'd like to book soon, but until I feel positive about my choices, I can't do it! Please help, I'm a mess! Many thanks.

Chicago
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

Forgot to mention that we'll be traveling at the end of June/early July.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

Have a look at Vatulele or Matangi resorts both have fantastic accomodation and beaches. Beach at Royal Davui quite small though accomodation at this and Likuliku lovely.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

I second Hooked on Fiji's recommendation for Matangi. It is a small private island with 14 bures which are separated by lush vegitation for privacy. You can do as much or as little as you like. The snorkeling off the beach in front of the bures is incredible. You will see lots of fish, hard, soft, and plate coral as well as blue starfish and giant clams. You can also hike around the island. Tours to the Bouma Water Falls, two snorkeling tours a day to various sights around the island, village tour, and others are available at an additional charge. On our trip this past April, we were lucky enough to witness a wedding. It was a very special and moving experience. If you would like to see pictures of our vacations to Matangi, send me your e-mail address in a private message. I will send you an invitation to view pictures have posted on Picasa Website.

Congratulations on your upcomeing wedding. You could not have chosen a more fantastic place for your wedding and honeymoon. You are in for the experience of a lifetime.

4. Re: Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 20:00
Chicago
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

Matangi looks beautiful- the treehouse accommodations are just what I am imagining! I do have some concerns that it's rated a 3 star resort, however. We would really like to go 5 star for our wedding/honeymoon and have the best of everything for the occasion.

I have heard great things about Vatulele but last I heard, Six Senses had backed out and the resort is being sold. Their website is listed as "under construction" so there doesn't appear to be a way to check it out further. Seems too risky.

I fell in love with Royal Davui off the bat, but I'm beginning to think it might be too small. Part of the draw IS the seclusion, but I worry that we will grow tired of being on such a small island. Matangi lists itself as 240 acres, compared to Royal Davui's 8-10 (depending on tide.) I don't think that Matangi's service and food will be able to compare to Royal Davui's, however.

I am definitely sure the second week will be spent at Likuliku...just need to decide where to spend the first week and hold the wedding ceremony. I'd love to see the pictures of Matangi- I will PM you! Thank you!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

Take a look at Qamea. www.qamea.com

We were married there Oct 1, 2008, and it was incredible. I have never been to Matangi, but Qamea is rated 4-5 star, and from what I have read, Qamea is more upscale.

Everything about our wedding and honeymoon was fabulous, from the romantic beach setting, ceremony, arrangements, tropical flowers, to our accommodations.

We stayed in one of the premium villas, but all of the bures are beautiful, private, and beachfront. The food, service, and staff at Qamea are all excellent.

The diving and snorkeling at Qamea are incredible, as are the hiking tours on Taveuni. Taveuni is a short boat ride away, and Qamea arranges daily tours there. Our week at Qamea absolutely flew by! Please private message me if you would like more information.

Congratulations, and good luck with your plans!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

Have sent you a private message and three invitations to view the pictures of Matangi we posted on Picasa. Let me know if you receive them. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

Royal Davui is small but it is quite hilly so it feels a lot bigger! The rooms are gorgeous and very private. This is not really an "activity" resort, although it is close to Pacific Harbour where you can go white water rafting, zip-lining, jet-ski safaris etc.

Other up-market resorts known for their beautiful beaches include Vomo Island, Yasawa Island and Qamea Island. Namale is dreamy, especially their amazing spa treatments!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

If Royal Davui is not an "activity" resort, Qamea certainly is. Besides spending lots of time in their incredible jungle spa, and just sitting on the beach, we found tons of things to do at Qamea. The hiking on Taveuni including the Lavena Coastal walk, and Bouma falls were both fantastic and not to be missed, in my opinion.

Qamea also offers snorkeling, world class diving, fishing, kayaking, nature tours, bird watching, village tours, a meke, and kava ceremony. In fact, a week was not long enough for us to do everything, along with getting married! Some day, we are hoping to be lucky enough to go back.

Here is their activities link to help in your decision.

www.qamea.com/activities-island-tours.html

Australia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to Stay for Wedding/Honeymoon?

I was at Royal Davui in July and had a blast (I need to post a review still). I am very much an active person as is my husband, and I can tell you that we never got bored. We spent the days snorkelling (could have stayed out there for hours), sailing, we visited the village twice, did a waterfall hike on an island nearby as well as doing the whitewater rafting trip back on the mainland.

One thing that you MUST do while you are at Royal Davui is the sand spit picnic, I really can not wait to get back out there one day - pure magic.

I have not been to Likuliku yet, but am planning on visiting it next time I am in Fiji