We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Islands/Resorts for a Solo Traveller?

3 posts
Islands/Resorts for a Solo Traveller?

Hi, I am 21,male, travelling solo, also a first time visit to Fiji. I am looking to spend 10 days next month. Splitting 3-4-3 days in 3 different islands. Activities are basically sightseeing, snorkeling, and other adventurous ones. I am Starting with Port Denarau(westin or hilton) first. May I know which islands and resorts(for the next 2 stays) will be convenient or suitable for me ?

I was thinking Bounty or Beachcomber or Treasure Island for the second stay and Blue Lagoon or Octopus for the third stay. Is this recommended or should I be skipping one of the 2nd or 3rd stays to include vanua levu island? Please suggest your opinions.

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,148 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Islands/Resorts for a Solo Traveller?

Bounty or Beachcomber in the Mamanuca Group and in the Yasawa Group Manta Ray Island resort ir Octopus.

Singapore
Level Contributor
438 posts
211 reviews
2. Re: Islands/Resorts for a Solo Traveller?

On the islands, the trips offered are usually limited to those below

-Boat trips out to nearby islands to snorkel, picnic, visit seacaves etc.

-Village/Church/school guided visit:

-hiking on the island (worth it on the bigger islands such as Waya)

- fishing

-diving trips

There are actually more sightseeing/adventure activities available on Viti Levu than in the islands, for example, rafting in Navua river, Sigatoka river safari, offroad buggy trips around coral coast/pacific harbour, Biasevu waterfall, Sigatoka sand dunes national park, Ziplines at Nadi/Pacific harbour, Kila adventure park,, Kula Eco park for wildlife etc., hiking at Mt Tomanivi or Koroyanitu Heritage Park, horseriding at Natadola beach,Sabeto mud pools and hot springs. Viti Levu also has the last village in Fiji which insists on using traditional building materials, Navala although its pretty tough to get to without your own rental/tour.

3 posts
3. Re: Islands/Resorts for a Solo Traveller?

Thanks for the opinions guys, much helpful!

Reply to: Islands/Resorts for a Solo Traveller?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted