We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So unsure about Turtle Island

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
339 posts
71 reviews
So unsure about Turtle Island

Been looking for something remote , romantic and quiet. raveling from the US and can stay one week. Any thoughts on Turtle Island? Looks like many positive reviews. Nervous that Fiji is too far away!

8 replies to this topic
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,973 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: So unsure about Turtle Island

Fiji is indeed a long haul from the states. Our first vacation was for a week. Well, worth it in my opinion. Had no regrets though wished we could have stayed longer. Other vacations were 10 days and two weeks. Again, wished we had more time. We fell in love with the culture and the people.They are the most genuinely, friendly, happiest, caring people on the planet who will go above and beyond to insure you have an amazing time.

Keep in mind, Turtle Island has "family weeks" several times a year. If you want to avoid children, would check to see they aren't during the dates you will be at the resort.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
282 reviews
2. Re: So unsure about Turtle Island

Try Matamanoa (adults Only) short distance on the South Seas transfer boat or a 10min Helicopter ride from Nadi.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
339 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: So unsure about Turtle Island

The period we are goiung is not FAMILY weeks

Anyone have any experience with the food/ drinks /service?

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,973 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: So unsure about Turtle Island

You might send a private message to reviewers for their experiences.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15,599 posts
312 reviews
5. Re: So unsure about Turtle Island

When we were in our 40s we went to Vatulele (now sold and closed) for a little less than a week, via Australia. So we were gone maybe a week or 8 days. It was worth it. :)

Edited: 30 September 2017, 08:08
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
298 reviews
6. Re: So unsure about Turtle Island

Access to the more remote resorts in the Yasawa's can be by either the Flyer or by float plane.

Whilst we have never been there but plan to go, hopefully in May we like the look of Coconut Beach Resort.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
282 reviews
7. Re: So unsure about Turtle Island

Hi Basill_Mo Yes I like the look of it too. I will be visiting Coconut Beach Resort in May 2018 so will be reporting back in depth on this one and Paradise Cove resort (4 nights each) when I return as I have done on all the other resorts we have visited over the years.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
339 posts
71 reviews
8. Re: So unsure about Turtle Island

Thanks of all the input. Turtle Island looks amazing. Hoping for more reviews this month!

Reply to: So unsure about Turtle Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted