We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi

Hi there. We're coming to Fiji in a couple of weeks with our two coeliac kids. Fiji Customs have confirmed we can bring commercially packaged and sealed cereal, biscuits, bread from Australia which is fantastic but we want to stop off on our way from the airport to Denaru to stock up on other essentials.

I've been to Denaru many times and know Port Denaru options but haven't needed to manage the GF beofre. Can anyone advise the best large supermarket in Nadi where there is a good GF range.

9 replies to this topic
Fiji
Level Contributor
502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi

Bula.

Sometimes they have GF bread at the Deli beside Lululs. You can get some GF pastas and some snacks at New World near the airport.

Vinaka.

Jason

Six Senses Fiji

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi

My suggestion is to take GF foods and snacks with you. Most supermarkets do not have a large range of GF products. My best guess would be Morris Hedstrom or New World in Namaka on the way from the airport to Denerau.

Edited: 18 September 2017, 11:05
Hunter Valley, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi

You could check out Jetpoint at Martintar which is on the main road from the airport to nadi

Fiji
Level Contributor
502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi

My wife is celiac and we have been living here for just over 12 months on the mainland. She has searched every isle of each supermarket and probably best to give you some feedback. If you would like to be linked up with here, please feel free to send me a PM with your email address and I am sure Victoria will be happy to help.

New World will have GF rice crackers, cereals, dry pasta, some snack bars and other random items. For fresh GF bread, as mentioned, it is only available at the Deli at port denarau in short supply.

Vinaka.

Jason

Six Senses Fiji

7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi

Hi there I was wondering which New World location would be best for rice crackers? thank you!

Edited: 03 October 2017, 14:00
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi

There are supermarkets that sell rice crackers on the way from the airport, where are you staying?

7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi

Thanks for your reply. We are staying at denarau island (already here). So close to here would be great. (We have found the little rice crackers in the resort shops but $7 fiji is a bit much!!

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi

There should be a deli supermarket at the Marina or a cheaper supermarket in the industrial area at the entrance to Denarau as you pass the security booth. A bit of a walk but good for a nice stroll. Fresh Choice, heres a link to their FB page.

https://www.google.co.nz/url…

Edited: 04 October 2017, 09:08
9. Re: Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 October 2017, 17:35

Reply to: Best gluten free supermarket near Nadi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted