We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth going to Montevideo for 9 hour between flights

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is it worth going to Montevideo for 9 hour between flights

I can have a 9-10 hour layover in Montevideo between flights.

Is the center far from the airport, and is possible to see anything during that time ?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth going to Montevideo for 9 hour between flights

If you have all that time then I would definitely pay a visit to the centre, it's about 20 km from the airport, you can get a taxi or a bus.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,908 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth going to Montevideo for 9 hour between flights

Would your layover be during the week or on a Sunday? If it were a Sunday, you may want to pass. But if it is during the weeks, go check out the Old City, visit Teatro Solis, walk around Calle Sarandi; then walk to the Mercado del Puerto for lunch. On your way out, stop next door to Mercado del Puerto to see the Museo del Carnaval.

On transportation, you can take a bus from the Airport, but on your way back, I'd suggest you take the bus to Tres Cruces (the bus terminal) and take a COT bus from there to the airport.

Silvia

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it worth going to Montevideo for 9 hour between flights

tx a lot, and i assume Montevideo doesn't require reciprocity fees ?

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it worth going to Montevideo for 9 hour between flights

Montevideo does not require a reciprocity fee.

Excellent suggestions above from Silvia. You could also consider taking a Taxi back to the airport.

5. Re: Is it worth going to Montevideo for 9 hour between flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 17:17