We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta del Diablo, any advice on the village?

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Punta del Diablo, any advice on the village?

Hi, I am going to Punta del Diablo, Uruguay. I've read is a beautiful place, any advice?

Kindly

Sil

Mentioned in this post
Punta del Diablo
Punta del Diablo
Rocha Department, Uruguay
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,970 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta del Diablo, any advice on the village?

Hi Sil,

I haven't been to Punta del Diablo but also read and heard wonderful things about it. If you haven't read this trip report yet, you may want to check it out

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g488186-i9371-k261…

Silvia

Mentioned in this post
Punta del Diablo
Punta del Diablo
Southampton
Level Contributor
24 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta del Diablo, any advice on the village?

Hi,

I've just left Punta del Diablo after 5 wonderful days there. It is a beautiful place, gorgeous beaches and a town/village full of character. We ended up renting a cabana for our time there as I was travelling with my boyfriend and to rent a place of our own was almost as cheap as 2 beds in the dorm at the largest hostel in PdD which is Tranquillo Diablo. I would highly recommend Naranja Lima cabanas, http://naranjalima.weebly.com/ , we paid $50 per night. Owners couldn't do enough to help us too. Town currently has no ATM so go prepared, although a machine is amost ready to be installed but it will be the only one in town and I would imagine might run out of cash quite regularly.

Let me know if there is anymore questions you have

Kate

Mentioned in this post
Punta del Diablo
Punta del Diablo
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
La Paloma, Uruguay
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta del Diablo, any advice on the village?

Hi Sil

Punta del Diablo is a gorgeous little place. It is a very rustic little beach town with lots of character. The beaches are really lovely, there are some cute little restaurants, artesan shops and markets. There are little grocery shops for your conveniences. At the moment there isn't a Petrol Station, the closest is either Castillos or La Coranilla. Also, there are regular bus services there. Oh, and there are some open air style nightclubs that are open in the summer - which apparently get quite packed around 4am (and they don't leave until around 10 or 11am)

There are some great places to explore in that area aswell. The whole department of Rocha is great to explore - Fortalesa Santa Teresa, Cabo Polonio, Monte de Ombues, La Paloma, La Pedrera, Aguas Dulces, Valizas, the Lagunas.

Suerte!

Mentioned in this post
Punta del Diablo
Punta del Diablo
La Paloma
La Paloma
La Pedrera
La Pedrera
389 Reviews
La Pedrera, Uruguay
4. Re: Punta del Diablo, any advice on the village?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2010, 14:17
;