We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ollantaytambo to Cusco with Taxidatum

Save Topic
Ollantaytambo to Cusco with Taxidatum

Hello, I am planning to spend a night in Ollantaytambo before heading back to Cusco the next day.

My plan is to visit the Ollantaytambo ruins in the morning, and then take the Taxidatum tour of Maras and Moray while driving back to Cusco.

My question is, what time should I request Taxidatum pick me up in Ollantaytambo?

I am assuming I request the pick up AFTER I am finished exploring the ruins, but I don't want to rush back to my pick up location with Taxidatum.

Mentioned in this post
Ollantaytambo
Ollantaytambo
Sacred Valley, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
1 reply
London
Level Contributor
3,401 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ollantaytambo to Cusco with Taxidatum

Hi Natalie. That’s a good plan. Taxidatum are very flexible and within reason, will allocate the car to you for the day so you can take as much time as you like. Allowing for say an hour at the main sites of Maras, Moray and Chinchero and maybe a spot of lunch, around six hours should be plenty.

They early mornings, before the tour buses arrive, is absolutely the best time to view the ruins as there will be few other visitors around. As I recall, they open around 07.30. Two to three hours will likely be enough. A 10.00 pick up would mean that you get back to Cusco around 15.30 16,00.

Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Reply to: Ollantaytambo to Cusco with Taxidatum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted