We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Peru in November...

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Going to Peru in November...

Hi , I will be going on vacation in November with my gf and thought seeing Machu Picchu will be the best trip to take. I was thinking of booking hotel and round trip plane tickets on Expedia as it seems cheapest (10 nights in cusco and air for 2500 ish) then book a 2 day trek separate. This would give time to experience other locations as well. Any input or cheap ways to do this would be appreciated. Thank you. As long as we can see Machu Picchu that's basically the only demand from our excursion thus far.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,133 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Peru in November...

If you are planning to do the Inca Trail this November, you should book it immediately. Permits are completely sold out until Nov. 14 (and only 4 left on that date). Some other later dates in November are already sold out. Check on "Camino Inka" http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe

You are correct that you don't have to book an all-inclusive with the trek, you can do the trek separately. But you do have to use a registered Inca Trail agency. I don't think I would book with Expedia, though. If things go wrong (with either flights or hotel), you may have a lot of difficulty getting someone to help you. This is a problem frequently reported on the Air Travel forum of Trip Advisor -- most of the experienced members there recommend booking directly with the airlines & hotels. And you don't want to be paying for a hotel room in Cusco when you are staying at least one night in Aguas Calientes (with the trek). It would also be good to spend some time in the Sacred Valley, instead of all 10 days in Cusco.

www.theoptimistictraveler.com

Edited: 28 September 2013, 11:55
2. Re: Going to Peru in November...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 14:18