We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle lodges

Friday Harbor...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Jungle lodges

My husband and I are in Iquitos, hoping to explore the jungle. What will work best for the two of us is one of the lodges -- we´re thinking in or near the large Reserve -- on a 4 or 5 day package. We´ve talked to people about the Piranha Ecoexplorer Lodge run by the Cumaceba people, and to Alex at Ecological Expeditions. Have not found another place, registered with the Tourist Center, that is located there. Do not want to be too close to Iquitos. Do NOT want swimming pools or major luxuries.

Also, my husband may want to book a separate trip with a freelance guide, more basic, camping, getting farther away. We will be here in Iquitos for another couple of weeks, so there is time for both.

Any recommendations or cautions (we do know to avoid the unscrupulous ones ...) would be most appreciated.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Jungle lodges

Tahuayo Lodge

www.perujungle.com/index.php…

They have an office in Iquitos near their dock.

2. Re: Jungle lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2012, 07:20
3. Re: Jungle lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 19:25