We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Making a 10 a.m. flight from the rainforest

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
283 reviews
Making a 10 a.m. flight from the rainforest

I'm going to be staying at one of the rainforest lodges outside of Iquitos and looking to book a 10 am flight out the morning we leave. From what I understand you have to travel down the river for awhile to get back to Iquitos. Will they be able to get me back in time for my flight?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Making a 10 a.m. flight from the rainforest

Not very likely. You should book a late flight from Iquitos or you will have to return to Iquitos the day before. Ask each lodge to verify. They seem to want to start back to Iquitos after lunch at the latest, due to afternoon hazards on the Amazon.

It is a good idea to have trip insurance, flights to Iquitos can be cancelled and diverted due to thunderstorms.

Edited: 16 June 2011, 07:20
2. Re: Making a 10 a.m. flight from the rainforest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Iquitos