We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazon Lodge Help!!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Amazon Lodge Help!!!

Hi,

Looking for an Amazon lodge around Iquitos & hoping you can help with some suggestions. So far I'm considering the below as I do really want to see the river dolphins.

Treehouse Lodge

Amazonia Expeditions' Tahuayo Lodge

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

7 replies to this topic
1. Re: Amazon Lodge Help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2018, 02:38

Iquitos, Peru
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Amazon Lodge Help!!!

I would visit Tahuayo before Treehouse. AyE tours or Tahuayo lodge is a dedicated conservationist organization. Treehouse is a gimmick.

I would Avoid the company mentioned by Rick, they have very little consideration of the Amazon River, Rainforest and its people. The proof is in its publicity and marketing pictures of cheap sloth and monkey selfies (which are harming the wild populations.)

Avoid agencies that promote visiting monkey islands and"Native" Tribes, they exploit animal, locals and tourists. They are not legit.

The images of people standing with natives in headdresses are re-enactments that exploit tourists and locals alike, it would be cool if it were labeled as a reenactment but people leave genuinely thinking the person live the way they do.

Choose a company that does not support handicrafts made of animal parts .

Dear Rick, please visit another company so you may formulate a un bias opinion of travel companies in the area. You are really missing out if you only travel with one company

3. Re: Amazon Lodge Help!!!

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2018, 02:42

4. Re: Amazon Lodge Help!!!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 March 2018, 09:32

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Amazon Lodge Help!!!

My wife and I had been to Iquitos once and stayed at Muyuna Lodge. One of the reasons why we chose the lodge is because it supports the local village and environmental friendly. Most of the staff live in the adjacent village and all trash were transported back to the city for proper disposal.

We stayed there for 4D3N and saw plenty of wildlife.

www.muyuna.com/www.muyuna.com/index.html

Ohhh Rick !!!

Bethel Park, PA
Level Contributor
703 posts
47 reviews
6. Re: Amazon Lodge Help!!!

Last September our tour group of 14 spent 3 nights at the Muyuna Lodge. We all really liked it. I was worried that with only solar power and no fans or air-conditioning the heat would be unbearable, but their screened cabins on an elevated walkway system provided sufficient airflow so that we were never that hot. Also the food, served buffet style, at the main lodge is great! We saw lots of wildlife on the lodge excursions: sloths, monkeys, caiman, pink dolphins and of course tons of birds. Oh yes, be sure the guides take you to see the giant water-lillies...that experience was one of my favorites.

Edited: 18 March 2018, 06:16
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
154 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Amazon Lodge Help!!!

Check Otorongo lodge too. We stayed there for a week some time back and we had a great experience.

Message me if you need more info.

Reply to: Amazon Lodge Help!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Iquitos
Recent Conversations