We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Cusco to Poroy rail station

Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Cusco to Poroy rail station

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Machu Picchu. I'll stay in Cusco for a couple of days and then catch the 6:53am Vistadome train from Poroy. There are a few things I'm uncerrtain about and hope some TAs out there have made the same trip.

1) Is 30 minutes enough time to drive from Cusco to Poroy (it's early so I wouldn't expect a lot of traffic)?

2) How easy is it to get taxis at 5:45 in the morning in Cusco? I will probably stay in a hotel close to San Pedro station - are cabs queued at the station that early?

3) I think I read somewhere that the cabs are not metered so the fare is agreed before the trip - how many Sols is a fair fare for this trip?

Thanks for your help

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Cusco to Poroy rail station

1) 45 min better to be safe

2)easy to get a cab there are lots

3)15-20 Soles negotiatate B4 you get in.

2. Re: Taxi from Cusco to Poroy rail station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2010, 14:35