We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaman II Catamaran

Houston
14 posts
Save Topic
Seaman II Catamaran

We will be sailing aboard the Seaman II on 1/19-26/09. Anyone on this sailing? Have not seen many reviews lately and would love any tips/comments. The biggest challenge now is packing! Thanks in advance.

Houston
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaman II Catamaran

No Seaman II reviews? Okay, how about packing tips. Anything you wish you had that you did not take with you? Martha

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaman II Catamaran

I am going on the Seaman II in May, and have also had some trouble getting reviews on this forum. I know some people on here cruised this fall, but I guess they didn't post any trip reports. There was one trip report from several months ago that I remember:

tripadvisor.com/…10739619

I hope you have a fabulous trip! I would love to hear about it when you return. Safe and happy travels!

:)

3. Re: Seaman II Catamaran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2009, 02:29
Houston
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaman II Catamaran

Thank you Reilly. We have our own snorkel & wetsuits. Your packing list was helpful.

Ecuador
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaman II Catamaran

Dear HoustonSeaDreamer,

I have been to the Galapagos several times and have both sailed on and inspected many of the various vessels in the Galapagos Islands.

On my time aboard the Seaman II vessel I found the accomodations to be superb, the cabins were very sizable in comparison to some of the yachts that i have seen.

Being a catamaran, the Seaman II is much more stable than any of the other ships its size. I would definitely reccommend it to anyone that worries about sea sickness.

boyntonbeach
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaman II Catamaran

sorry can't help you

we are going in feb

who did you book with and why

the seaman 11 looks great

are you touring elsewhere after and how

thanks in advance

trudy

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seaman II Catamaran

Reilly, thank you so much for providing the link to the packing list. I am very glad to see the effort to minimize plastic water bottles as we plan to take refillable ones.

Houston
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Seaman II Catamaran

Trudy, this trip has taken a lot of research & planning (8+ months). Started with islands, then boats, when to go & travel agents. Eva w/Happy Gringo has been extremely helpful with setting up trip & answering questions. There is finally a short review about the Seaman II. Leave Saturday..now trying to pack and stay under 45 lbs.! We have 1 day before & 1 after cruise in Quito. Staying at Mansion del Angel & Cafe Cultura respectively.

Houston
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Seaman II Catamaran

Just returned from our trip on Seaman II. The boat was great. Best adventure trip we have ever taken! Happy to answer any questions.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seaman II Catamaran

Welcome back!

Will you post a report? If not, i have a couple of questions for you. What was the weather like in Quito and in the Galapagos region? What was the high point of your trip? What kind of animal / bird / fish activity did you see? If you were to go back again what would you do differently? I'm in the 'planning' stages for a March adventure :o). Many thanks!!