We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galapagos Transit Control Card

3 posts
Save Topic
Galapagos Transit Control Card

I'm flying from NYC to the Galapagos Islands with stopovers first in Guayaquil and then in Quito.

My stopover in Guayaquil is 5 hours long, while I'll only be in Quito for 1.5 hours.

Can I purchase a Transit Control Card and have my luggage screened in Guayaquil, even though I'll still have another stop before the Galapagos? I'd like to avoid missing my flight due to the short stopover in Quito.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
Quito
Quito
Pichincha Province, Ecuador
2 replies to this topic
Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Galapagos Transit Control Card

>>I'm flying from NYC to the Galapagos Islands with stopovers first in Guayaquil and then in Quito.

Aliza, are you SURE that's your route? If so, it's a very strange one. If you really fly to Guayaquil first, then you must change planes to fly eastward to Quito, then change planes again to fly westward -- back to Guayaquil, then continuing to Galápagos (either Baltra or San Cristóbal). A far-more-likely route is JFK/UIO, then UIO to GYE and continuing to the islands, as just noted. To get a better answer, please list your airline(s) AND flight numbers.

Mentioned in this post
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
Quito
Quito
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,423 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galapagos Transit Control Card

Dear Aliza,

I agree with John - that is a very odd itinerary. Perhaps you're with a large group that insisted you must absolutely join it in Quito for your flight to Galapagos, and you booked a flight that had you on a layover in Guayaquil to get to Quito?

Regardless, you should be able to get your transit control card in Guayaquil - though you may have to show them your return air tickets to the islands to do so. Will you have them on you? You can always give it a try with all that time on your hands.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Edited: 14 May 2018, 19:13
Mentioned in this post
Quito
Quito
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
Reply to: Galapagos Transit Control Card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted