We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 night cruise reviews please

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
906 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
4 night cruise reviews please

I am in the preliminary stage of planning a Ecuador trip. At first I was centered on the Galapagos only. However, since there is so much more to Ecuador that we would like to experience, we are looking into extending our trip to other parts of the country. In order to financially do that, we are considering a 5 day 4 night Galapagos cruise instead of a 7 night cruise while understanding that the first and last days are really just fractions of days. I'd like to hear from those who have done 4 night cruises. What ship? What time of year? Thanks for any information.

2 replies to this topic
Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
610 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 night cruise reviews please

We did the NW itinerary on Golondrina in December. It was fantastic and perfect. The first day we went to a tiny island/sandspit to "get our feet wet" exploring and anorkeling from the shore. It was an amazing day because it was so exciting and everything was new. It was not just a wasted "get on the boat day" at all. We got some great pictures and couldn't have asked for better. We saw so much more on day 2 that I really felt like I had already gotten my money's worth and had the best vacation ever, even if we had gone home at that point. By the end of day 2 we had gone on 2 panga rides, "explored" a small cave, snorkeled three times and seen so much of the Galapagos wildlife as to be a lifetime experience. The fact that we still had two more days was just icing on the cake. Yes in the next couple days the awesomeness continues, as it would for months or years if we could have stayed, but... we made friends on the.boat, then spent a couple days on Isabela after the cruise, while our new friends continued on the boat for a longer itinerary. We met up with them several days later and talked about what we all did. They certainly continued to have a great time, but I would not trade what we did during those extra days for what they did continuing on the boat. I completely agree with your thought process. Yes, on a longer cruise you will experience more, obviously, but we and our kids will never forget our time on the boat or feel short changed in any way and if the shorter cruise lets you do other awesome things in Ecuador I can't imagine you will regret it. I'm happy to go on and on, but will stop there.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
906 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 night cruise reviews please

Thank you for your reply!

Reply to: 4 night cruise reviews please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted