We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conguillio National Park -- place to stay in May?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Conguillio National Park -- place to stay in May?

We are coming from Pucon, probably through Melipeuco, and we are wondering what the options for accommodations are going to be. Does anyone know any moderately priced (less than US $70, for example) options in the area that would be close to the park? Thanks!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Conguillio National Park -- place to stay in May?

If you are entering at the Melipeuco end, there are a few small B&Bs and simple lodging options listed on the municipal website:

www.melipeuko.cl/turismo/tour-virtual/vr.html

If you are entering via the Curacautin end, the Hostería Andenrose is very good.

http://www.andenrose.com/

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Conguillio National Park -- place to stay in May?

Thanks! We found the andenrose, but we are in fact entering from Pucon so Melipeuco would be easier! I'll check those out.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Conguillio National Park -- place to stay in May?

Do you have any idea of what it is like driving from there up north (the next day) to hike the Sierra Nevada trail? We have a normal small car, but it's been fine on dirt roads so far...

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Conguillio National Park -- place to stay in May?

Part of the Sendero de Chile (supposed to link trails the length of Chile) runs through the park. This is all signed and tries to provide the best scenery.

senderodechile.cl/portal/…

thisischile.cl/1574/…Map.aspx

It has been a few years since I visited the park and I am trying to remember (and separate it in my mind from other parks!) but my memory is that you have places to park but then walk. Certainly that was so from the northern side of the park. That is where the rangers' information center was. I don't have any experience of the park at this time of year as the latest I have been is March. It might be worth driving through the park to the northern end for information, although any lodging in Melipeuco should be helpful. Some of them do tours to the park and they should know specifics.

Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
475 posts
132 reviews
5. Re: Conguillio National Park -- place to stay in May?

I really enjoyed staying at La Baita, (within the park entrance, but it's private land)

http://www.labaitaconguillio.cl/

it's slightly above your budget, but I'm sure being super low season they can make a small reduction

really, really nice place

if there is no snow, and you drive slowly,

a small car will be ok

just one little uphill past Laguna Verde (from the volcanic fields entering the tree lined area, that you need to go carefully up, but no biggie

6. Re: Conguillio National Park -- place to stay in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Pucon
Recent Conversations