We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Bus Terminal for Valpariaso and Pucon the Same?

New York
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is Bus Terminal for Valpariaso and Pucon the Same?

We will be taking a bus back from Valpo to Santiago and then catching the overnight bus from Santiago to Pucon. Is it the same terminal? if not, how far apart are they?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,791 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Bus Terminal for Valpariaso and Pucon the Same?

It depends on the bus company you are using. Turbus has its own terminal, Terminal Alameda, in Santiago. Pullman also depart from there. Other buses will mainly use the largerTerminal Santiago across the side road. There are other terminals as well.

The easiest would be to get Turbus to their terminal in Santiago from Valparaíso. When you buy your ticket to Pucón, make sure the bus you book departs from the downtown terminal as they have other departure points in the city. On the schedule it will say "Stgo.T.Alameda TB" (that is: Santiago Terminal Alameda Turbus).

punta del este...
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Bus Terminal for Valpariaso and Pucon the Same?

In addition to the excellent advice above, you may wish to avoid the change altogether. Tur-Bus has a departure at 9:30PM from Valparaiso direct to Pucon (no change) arriving at 9:30AM -- it offers both the first-class "salon cama" and the cheaper semi-cama service.

New York
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Bus Terminal for Valpariaso and Pucon the Same?

Thanks for the tip. It would be a lot easier to go from Valparaiso to Pucon. Can I buy the ticket in Santiago on Saturday when I arrive? I've been told that I can't buy it while I'm still in the US.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,791 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Bus Terminal for Valpariaso and Pucon the Same?

Yes, you should have no problem buying your tickets from any Turbus office. Note that you can get Cama or Semi-cama from Valparaíso. For Premium you need to depart from Santiago.

New York
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Bus Terminal for Valpariaso and Pucon the Same?

Thanks. One further question: what's premium? We would like to have comfortable seats that recline. We will get that from Valparaiso?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,791 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Bus Terminal for Valpariaso and Pucon the Same?

You can see the different seats here:

http://www.turbus.cl/servicios.html

The buses with premium seats usually have them on the lower deck of a double decker bus with cama seats upstairs.

7. Re: Is Bus Terminal for Valpariaso and Pucon the Same?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2010, 14:20