We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Varas to Pucon.

toronto,on
Level Contributor
390 posts
Puerto Varas to Pucon.

How far is it from Puerto Varas to Pucon?

Is it possible to go there for a day trip?

Is there a map site like Mapquest in the US for Chile and Argentina? I'd like to find out distances.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
7,033 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Puerto Varas to Pucon.

You could try Google maps. It is too far for a day trip around 350 kilometres.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Puerto Varas to Pucon.

The distance between Pucón and Puerto Varas is about 321 kms.The JAC buses which connect so many of the towns in the south take 5 and a half hours. There are about 4 a day. If you are driving yourself, you can shave some time off that, of course, but it is still too long for a day trip. The website below will give you distances but a lot depends on the type of road, time of year.

www.vialidad.cl/Distancias/Distancias.asp

The Turistel guidebooks have good maps. They are usually available online but seem to be suffering some bug at the moment.

toronto,on
Level Contributor
390 posts
3. Re: Puerto Varas to Pucon.

Thank you both very much. I will forget about going to Pucon for a day trip and focus on Puerto Varas.

Thanks for the websites to check out distances. It will give me some idea.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Puerto Varas to Pucon.

You might check out these if you are going to be driving around the lake district:

Frutillar, for tea and lavender, recommended by a friend.

www.lavandacasadete.cl/english/inicio.html

Puerto Varas

Mediterraneo, Sta. Rosa 68, on the lake front with a glass enclosed terrace. Book if you will be in PV in the summer.

Café Dane's, packed at lunch for the economical fixed menu, home cooking and large portions, some takeaway dishes at the counter.

toronto,on
Level Contributor
390 posts
5. Re: Puerto Varas to Pucon.

Molly thank you so very much. Such great places to visit.

I'll only be in Puerto Varas for 3 days, and would like to see great little shops. unique items to buy...and just to see the best of the town..and area. I hope to get a feel for the town , even though my visit there is short.

Thanks very much again.

PUERTO VARAS
Level Contributor
21 posts
6. Re: Puerto Varas to Pucon.

Vicky Johnson Store and gift is a must and next the jewerly

Puerto Varas offer many restaurants some of them w good price and service for example a las buenas Brasas, Donde el Gordito, if you like coffe try the Cafe el Barista and a very good happy hours in the Melia Hotel Monday to wednesday.sandwiches and regional beer at the Restaurante los Colonos infront of the square.About excurtions go to the Petrohue aerea(vicente perez rosales Park)or take a Excurtion to Peulla (daily departures from Puerto Varas, full day)

7. Re: Puerto Varas to Pucon.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2010, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Pucon
Recent Conversations