We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing guide recommendations?

Hopkinton
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Fishing guide recommendations?

We are looking to book a fishing trip in Pucon while we are there. Any recommendations? Mario's Fishing Zone looks good but the website isn't working so I can't tell if they still exist. Any help? Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
2 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Fishing guide recommendations?

We just went on a trip with Mario's guides Jan 19th, and I would highly recommend it. Mario himself doesn't guide much anymore (we're told), but we were taken out by a team of brothers who were very knowledgeable about the river and fishing in general, and spoke excellent English. Although I can't promise availability, we just walked in the day before and booked for the next day, and our another family booked for the following day just as we were leaving, so don't let the website hold you back. The service in the shop was excellent every time and the guides were terrific. And if you can speak even a little Spanish, Mario himself loves to talk fishing. Enjoy your trip!

Hopkinton
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Fishing guide recommendations?

Can you please tell me the name of the shop and where we can find it? Thanks so much!

2 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Fishing guide recommendations?

The name is Mario's Fishing Zone, on Ave. O'Higgens, on the side going toward the lake. There are two fishing shops very near each other, but the windows in Mario's shop are much more full, and they sell locally made earrings as well, which are displayed in the windows. Outside the shop are some pictures of Mario with his fish, and I don't remember seeing people pictures outside the other. Hope that helps.

Reply to: Fishing guide recommendations?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pucon
Recent Conversations