We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Pucon from Temuco airport and back

Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Pucon from Temuco airport and back

It's very simple to get to Pucon from the airport in Temuco. Go to the travel desk and there is an agent at the Transfer Official on the far left. It costs $10.000 CP and you ride in a nice van to your hotel in Pucon. Returning to Temuco is a different story. You can take the JAC bus from Pucon and they will drop you at the Quepe stop just past the toll booth. There is no shelter, you are literally dropped at the side of the highway. From there we were able to get an Uber for the short ride to the airport. However - we had to cross the busy highway to have a place to stand and wait for the car. It's a bit harrowing. The other option is to try to book a shared van at the Gran Hotel in Pucon for $12.000 CP But they had just one going on a recent Sunday and the time didn't work for us. i don't know why the transport is so good from Temuco to Pucon and not the other way but that is how it is as of today.

Mentioned in this post
Pucon
Pucon
Araucania Region, Chile
Temuco
Temuco
Araucania Region, Chile
Gran Hotel Pucon
Gran Hotel Pucon
1,101 Reviews
Pucon, Chile
4 replies to this topic
Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Pucon from Temuco airport and back

Hello,,,,October is low season ,,,,,summer season will begin next middle of December to ending February,,,,for this reason is easy to go to Pucon and the return could be longer. It is not a good idea to drop off in the highway at Quepe toll,,,,it is better to return to Temuco City. When you return to Temuco you have three choices:

Go to the Airport by van from Temuco city,,,,,,go by Uber from Temuco city ,,,go by taxi from Temuco city,,,,,in summer time you have several schedules,,,,best regards,,,,Arturo

Mentioned in this post
Pucon
Pucon
Araucania Region, Chile
Temuco
Temuco
Araucania Region, Chile
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Pucon from Temuco airport and back

Hi there,

I need some advice about getting from Temuco to Pucon on the 5th Feb. My flight from Santiago arrives in Temuco at 9.00am and I want to get to Pucon by midday. I've checked JAC and Turbus websites but it appears their buses either depart Temuco at 8am and then at 5pm or later.

Are there any bus services that travel to Pucon during the day? Or are there any transfer services I can book online that are reasonably priced?

I've searched around but the information online seems either outdated or is very hard to find.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Temuco
Temuco
Araucania Region, Chile
Pucon
Pucon
Araucania Region, Chile
Santiago
Santiago
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Pucon from Temuco airport and back

jac has Temuco Pucon busses every 30 minutes or so everyday. But they don't pass at the airport. You'd need to board them at a bus stop in Freire, and it is not sure you will get a seat.

Mentioned in this post
Temuco
Temuco
Araucania Region, Chile
Pucon
Pucon
Araucania Region, Chile
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Pucon from Temuco airport and back

See my earlier post - at the transport desk you can easily book a lovely clean mini van ride directly to Pucon for a reasonable price. They leave right from the airport and take you to your lodging in Pucon. Use the Transfer Official at the far left of the travel desk right in the the Temuco airport.

Going there is easy...coming back not so much :)

Edited: 31 December 2017, 07:05
Mentioned in this post
Pucon
Pucon
Araucania Region, Chile
Temuco
Temuco
Araucania Region, Chile
Reply to: Traveling to Pucon from Temuco airport and back
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;