We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3D/3N itinerary help needed

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
3D/3N itinerary help needed

I shall be visiting Singapore for the first time with my kids i.e. we are 02 adults and 02 kids aged 11 and 14. We shall be arriving at Singapore from KL on 30th October, early morning, by train.

On doing my own research, I have short listed some of the things to do at Singapore BUT am facing problem in putting them in the itinerary.

We shall be staying at Somerset Bencoolen for 03 nights and our departure is on 2nd November from Changi Airport.

Pl help me in putting a itinerary in place which should contain a visit to following attractions: Sentosa island, USS, Jurong Bird Park, Singapore Zoo. Night Safari, Marina by the bay, Little India and any other attraction which you may feel not to be missed.

An indicative expenses for each attraction for the family of 04 shall be very much appreciated:)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3D/3N itinerary help needed

you may want interchange itinerary for day 1 and day 2 below

Day 1

Jurong Bird Park

Singapore Zoo

Night Safari - best to go 6pm onwards

*attractions are in the same area

Options :

3 attractions for $68 for adult / $44 for child

2 attractions for $40-47 for adult / $27-31 for child

OR

Sentosa - songs of the sea, cable car, luge,underwater world

they offer packages combining attractions in sentosa

in my opinion, song of the sea is a must,consider the timing though as this is 740pm / 840pm

Day 2

USS - $68 for adult / $50 for child

Day 3 - around the city

Merlion - free

Marina Bay Sands - if you are going up to the roof deck $20 (adult/child)

Helix Bridge - free

Esplanade - free

Gardens By the Bay - roughly $30 for adult / $20 for child

for access to 2 domes and the skyway

Suntec City/Fountain of wealth - free

Little India/mustafa

Clarke Quay - GMax Bungee ($40-$70)

*** Child is defined as 3 -12 years

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
312 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3D/3N itinerary help needed

Erm, why not put USS and Sentosa together?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3D/3N itinerary help needed

@and_roam_i_went and @junel0w. Thanks a lot for the suggested itinerary. I shall be reaching Singapore at 6 in the morning and hotel check in time is 3 in the afternoon. So, I was thinking of keeping my luggage at the concierge and do jurong bird park on the morning of Day 1. Then after checking in..around the city as suggested by and-roam_i_went and then keep Day 2 and 3 exclusively for Zoo (with Night Safari) and Sentosa island (with USS) respectively.

May I have your comments pl, on the practical aspect .

Thanks

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3D/3N itinerary help needed

Bird Park, Zoo and Night Safari all on one day as suggested above is just not practical.

The zoo is a full day, the bird park most of a day and having to dash across the island from one to another takes more time out on already crushing two attractions into less time than they need.

To then go onto the Night Safari after a seriously heavy day further risks that not being a reasonable experience.

Split them all up to different days is my advice.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
312 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3D/3N itinerary help needed

Or alternatively, you can just skip Bird Park. For me, if I have only 3 days, I would want to visit a wider variety of attractions, not just animals.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3D/3N itinerary help needed

Agreed - while you need to separate, that also means if that means too many days of your stay would be taken up by parks then you need to drop one or more.....thats a balance issue of time for parks versus the parks you want,

For a 3 day stay, then 2 of them at the most would be sensible....

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3D/3N itinerary help needed

@myrm and @junel0 Thanks a lot.

I do agree with you that we need to see the other attractions in addition to animals. I was considering of opting for Sentosa Island or Universal studios.

Given an option, what is your preference..which is better?

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3D/3N itinerary help needed

you may consider spending a full day in Sentosa doing both Universal Studios and individual attractions as USS is located in Sentosa.

You may go to USS when it opens in the morning, do all the attractions you are interested in and then do others attractions in Sentosa: underwaterworld, butterfly park, etc...

9. Re: 3D/3N itinerary help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2013, 20:18