We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent luggage !!

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent luggage !!

I need to purchase a mid sized, hard backed, expanding (preferably shiny!) suitcase with four wheels.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please. Have tried People's Market and Central / Clarks Quay, but nothing as yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sandra

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent luggage !!

Try the Mustafa Centre, they have a large luggage section in thier main store.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,810 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent luggage !!

<<Central / Clarks Quay, but nothing as yet. >>

2 or 4 luggage stores in the Central plaza, FOR SURE - they are hard to miss. May be have nothing <<(preferably shiny!)>> at the moment..............

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent luggage !!

there is a Samsonite outlet store at Changi City Point next to Expo MRT station, one stop away from Changi Airport MRT station. Otherwise all major department stores sell luggages....Robinsons, Metro, Takashimaya, Isetan, Tangs, Carrefour, etc....

Edited: 06 February 2012, 21:25
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,277 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent luggage !!

I've seen the luggage section of Mustafa Centre and I agree that they are really extensive from the cheap brands up to the usual Samsonite and Echolac. What's good about Mustafa is that it is open 24 hrs a day.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent luggage !!

Try Traveler's World at Paragon, Ion, or Marina Square. or any major department store such as Tang, Robinson, Metro, Takashimaya, and Isetan selling too. What's so difficult?! Furthermore, you can easily find Samsonite showroom at shopping center across the island.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
300 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent luggage !!

Don't forget OG or Robinsons for their post CNYsales.

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent luggage !!

Thanks very much everyone. Great info. Went to Mustafa Centre and got sorted in minutes. 100's of suitcases!!! Thanks again for quick response to my plight.

Sandra

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,277 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent luggage !!

You're welcome.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,810 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent luggage !!

Glad that you have your (shiny) problem sorted.

Travel safely!!!!!

10. Re: Urgent luggage !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2013, 19:20