We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

climatic conditions

Coimbatore, India
1 post
Save Topic
climatic conditions

will it rain during august and september ?

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: climatic conditions

hard to predict with the global warming condition right now. can be rain on the non-rainy season.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: climatic conditions

Yes, I will rain in August and September. How much or little though it's impossible to predict. Mostly it rains in sort shape showers, often for 20-40 mins at a time

I would be surprised if during this period it rained extensively or more often than once a day, but hey, this is Singapore, a most unpredictable place to forecast, but it will be hot.

Alan

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,219 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: climatic conditions

yes,,

And can it alter your travel plans OR influence on the hotel rates and flight booking?????

Singapore
Level Contributor
219 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: climatic conditions

Hi, rain will make travelling to places of attractions much less of an enjoyment I believe...or too heavy rain will make u stuck in sheltered places and unable to enjoy the outdoors...

manila
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: climatic conditions

It seems that rain is quite a common occurrence nowadays, regardless of the time of year.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: climatic conditions

''pagodalover'', wrote;

''Hi, rain will make travelling to places of attractions much less of an enjoyment I believe...or too heavy rain will make u stuck in sheltered places and unable to enjoy the outdoors...''

In our many, many trips to Singapore over the last 50yrs, the rain has hardly ever stopped us from doing what we had planned, only once in the last 5-6 yrs has it scuppered our plans, so being ''stuck in sheltered places'', with respect'', is a very small issue, imho. Alan.

manila
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: climatic conditions

I agree with ddigs. Even if it DOES rain (which it did the last few times I visited SG), it shouldn't be much of a damper on your plans. The penultimate one involved USS and Night Safari both on days where there were pockets of rain...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: climatic conditions

It doesn't rain for prolonged periods of time in Singapore. Usually what happens is that a thunderstorm/storm dumps a large amount of rain within 10-15 minutes, then it drizzles for some time. Occasionally it does drizzle for a longer period of time though, or it drizzles and stops and drizzles again. A rare scenario is when large amounts of rain fall to the earth for a long time - that's when Orchard Road flooded recently!

Generally, Singapore is affected by two monsoons - the Northeast monsoon (Nov-Feb) and the Southwest monsoon (Jun-Sep). For the former, as the winds blow over the South China Sea it brings the most rain. For the latter, as the winds don't really blow over a huge sea, there isn't as much more rain (sometimes there isn't much difference in terms of precipitation, but is more windy).

Don't worry about too much about the weather, but if you will be doing plenty of outdoor activities, avoid Nov-Feb (or even October). That said, one can never tell when it will rain. Come prepared in sandals (so your feet dry quickly) and bring umbrellas and raincoats!

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: climatic conditions

Hi.

I'm coming to Singapore this August and I'm also concerned about the amount of rain. My Ipod weather app shows me rain and storms all the time (right now and in Aug)! That sounds wet. On the other hand when I read Lonely Planet or Wikipedia they say that the wettest months are Nov-Feb. For example Wikipedia shows (in the weather data table) that the rainfall is almost on the same level from February to September (or even October). So is there really any difference or it is simply unpredictable?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: climatic conditions

Don't believe your ipod. It shows 'rain' or 'storm' ALL the time n everyday. Haha. It shows on my iphone too. No worries about the weather here. Even if it rains its only a short intermittent one if it rains at all. Worry more about the heat n humidity here.